Help getting channel 9651

adcromw

Original poster
Nov 6, 2005
I'm being hamstrung by Dish and would like to avoid getting into a two year contract in order to access a one day event.

The channel needed is 9651
the dish needed is super dish 121

Where can I buy a super dish 121 and not have to deal with the contract issues?

HiDef Business TV? Never heard of it! And I thought there was nothing on 121 (but you are right).

Do you have Dish programming right now of any kind and if so what is your current set up?

turns out I have an old 500 dish. So it appears that I cannot get the 121° satellite. So where can I get a 121 superdish without going through contract? Can I build a frankenstein from various other dishes and lnbs?

Do you have Dish programming right now of any kind and if so what is your current set up?

No he can't 121 is not a DBS sat. Use any after market Ku dish and lnb to point to 121.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

excellent, that makes sense on the dish type. on the lnb though, it doesn't matter if it is dss or or .4 (two that I have seen)? The programming/channel is in HD, don't know if that makes any difference at all?

Can they tell if I have a super dish?

You'll need a ku lnb, not one of the dish dbs lnbs.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

Here's what the guy is telling me, is it true...can they tell i have a super dish and so an alternate will not work? Never bear heard of that:

Please confirm that you have the SuperDISH 121 installed.  We have a commercial/national account that can be used for the Broadcast, and the associated receivers can be activated. But not without the Super Dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)