help getting dish network in Denmark - can anyone help out?

Hej igen, igen!

Jeg er helt fortrolig med DVS. Moder bruger den tild, når den er tilgængelig.

Hendes synshandicap var et resultat af lider af hypoksi omkring 20 år siden. Hun holdt op med at trække vejret for omkring fem minutter. Hun har lidt nogle hjerneskader ... på lang sigt hun er inddrevet ganske godt. Hun er meget smart i tankerne. Den nedadgående side, hun har motordrevne dygtighed problemer, derfor har problemer med at afhente tingene og holde dem normalt.

Jeg er en Mac-bruger (OSX 10,5,2) og jeg har været tanker om at få hende til en. Operativsystemet accepterer talte kommandoer, har en usædvanlig definerbar ordforråd og har exceptionelle vokal kvalitet, når læsning. Dens helt intuitivt, at få tone kvaliteter og bøjningsformer meget godt, i hvert fald på engelsk. Jeg har lige ved ikke, om hun vil være i stand til at gøre nogle minimale tastatur arbejde.

Hvorom alting er, vil jeg tjekke med mor og se om hun kan anbefale on line kilder til DVS programmering fra hendes venner. Min mor sidder på Rådet for blinde og tidligere har ledet det.

Kan du sende mig en PM (private message)? Vi kan måske udveksle e-mail-adresser.

Indtil vi taler igen, de bedste hilsener fra Com

My fault, I started it! English it will be. I didn't see your post until I had posted, once again. Sorry!

Last edited:
SatelliteGuys - a worldwide community ;) No clue what was said so hopefully you got your help.

Actually, I know little about Slingbox. All I understand it was recently acquired by Dish and it allows somehow to stream programming over the internet. Allan would like to have access to American programs via Slingbox, but I'm not sure how it works. If anyone could assist him in the forum, he would be most grateful!

It's simple. My brother is Slovakia is watching my TV all the time through Slingbox.

In essence you buy Slingbox or Slingbox HD, hook it up to your receiver through the composite or S-Video jacks, then to your Internet router via the RJ-45 jack. Lastly you send e-mail with the set up code to the overseas party and you are done on your side.

The party in Europe then downloads Slingplayer software on their PC or laptop and enters the setup code that you sent them and voila! They now watch Dish Network on their computer.

So what this guy is asking is to buy Slingbox for him hook it up to your box. He is willing to pay for the Slingbox and maybe split the subscription with you.

It's simple. My brother is Slovakia is watching my TV all the time through Slingbox.

In essence you buy Slingbox or Slingbox HD, hook it up to your receiver through the composite or S-Video jacks, then to your Internet router via the RJ-45 jack. Lastly you send e-mail with the set up code to the overseas party and you are done on your side.

The party in Europe then downloads Slingplayer software on their PC or laptop and enters the setup code that you sent them and voila! They now watch Dish Network on their computer.

So what this guy is asking is to buy Slingbox for him hook it up to your box. He is willing to pay for the Slingbox and maybe split the subscription with you.

I see what you're saying... with my 722, a person theoretically would be able to stream DVR material and/or could take control of one of the tuners, view live and/or schedule programming. In essence, take complete control of the 722?!!

One would think a company could create a venture, assemble vast quantities of such Slingbox 'servers' for global streaming, for a subscription. On the other hand, once one accepts compensation for such services, copyright infringement takes precedence. (BTW, this last paragraph was an internal monologue and your avatar is just way too cool!!!).

Thanks for the insight!

Attachments

5.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hello everyone

To the guy who explained the concept, you are correct, this is exactly what I want to do and what I currently are dooing with directtv.

Yes, companies are definatlly aware of this oppotunity, and they are allreddy offering this kind of service. Like these guys:
www.a2btv.com

However, they charge very high fees and they are currently only offering directv.

Also many thanks to the person on the east coast who offered to help out, however as I alreddy am getting east coast feeds from directtv, I'd only be intrested in west-coast/la feeds.

all the best from Allan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)