Help With " Moving"

aertie

Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Can someone please help... I have a cottage in zip code 54138 and my OTA doesnt get hd locals... I can pull in SD local ..how do I no where I can "move " to to get HD locals. .. Hopefully in the central time zone.. I have Dish 1000 and a 722... THANKS

Can someone please help... I have a cottage in zip code 54138 and my OTA doesnt get hd locals... I can pull in SD local ..how do I no where I can "move " to to get HD locals. .. Hopefully in the central time zone.. I have Dish 1000 and a 722... THANKS

Not sure off hand whats on a spotbeam near you, but the Chicago locals are on 129.

The only HD markets you might have a chance to get the SD spot beam is Minneapolis or Chicago.

Here are the SD spots you can look for on the point dish screen Menu-6-1-1
Check signal on Sat 110 trans 4 for Minneapolis
Check signal on Sat 110 trans 31 for Chicago

The only HD markets you might have a chance to get the SD spot beam is Minneapolis or Chicago.

Here are the SD spots you can look for on the point dish screen Menu-6-1-1
Check signal on Sat 110 trans 4 for Minneapolis
Check signal on Sat 110 trans 31 for Chicago
Thanks for your help I will check the signal....

Do you just call CS and tell them you are moving and give a new address? How does one move. Im interested in doing this as well because of some issues with OTA HD

Do you just call CS and tell them you are moving and give a new address? How does one move. Im interested in doing this as well because of some issues with OTA HD

Others with experience can chime in...

1. Find the market you want. Make sure they have HD locals!

2. Can you receive the signal? Double check the signal on your receiver!

3. Be aware your timezone could change based on the market chosen.

4. Find an address and verify it qualifies on DishNetwork website!

5. Call up the little guy in India, tell him your new winter home address, tell him you already have the dish hooked up and working. You just need to see if they have locals for this area.

Others with experience can chime in...

1. Find the market you want. Make sure they have HD locals!

2. Can you receive the signal? Double check the signal on your receiver!

3. Be aware your timezone could change based on the market chosen.

4. Find an address and verify it qualifies on DishNetwork website!

5. Call up the little guy in India, tell him your new winter home address, tell him you already have the dish hooked up and working. You just need to see if they have locals for this area.
Make sure you tell them to keep the same (present) Billing Address.

What's the best way to "find an address"? I might be interested so I can get the networks in HD. Would I lose my OTA from the guide since my locals would change?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)