Help With " Moving"

OK as everyone is asking, and you guys seem to be in the know....I live in Boise and would like to get the HD's from Salt Lake City. Is this possible?
Thanks!

OK as everyone is asking, and you guys seem to be in the know....I live in Boise and would like to get the HD's from Salt Lake City. Is this possible?
Thanks!

Yes, Salt Lake City is CONUS on 129, but KTV:mad:ABC) is missing due to retransmission agreement issues. Try Denver or Los Angeles.

I've been reading and studying this thread and researching my "moving" options as well, as living in the middle of nowhere (Hastings/Kearney, NE area) I hold out NO hope of getting local HD any time soon, and I can only pick up CBS OTA in HD. If I understand you all correctly, I'm seeing 110, 119 and 129 so I can "move" to Lawrence, KS to get the Kansas City local HDs, and according to the E* address verifier, I'll keep the same RSNs that I have now. The only thing I'm still confused about is will I also get the KC SD locals? I know that keeping my own SD locals is hit and miss, probably miss, but I can always run the antenna back into the TV and get my own SD locals OTA. Thanks!!

I've been reading and studying this thread and researching my "moving" options as well, as living in the middle of nowhere (Hastings/Kearney, NE area) I hold out NO hope of getting local HD any time soon, and I can only pick up CBS OTA in HD. If I understand you all correctly, I'm seeing 110, 119 and 129 so I can "move" to Lawrence, KS to get the Kansas City local HDs, and according to the E* address verifier, I'll keep the same RSNs that I have now. The only thing I'm still confused about is will I also get the KC SD locals? I know that keeping my own SD locals is hit and miss, probably miss, but I can always run the antenna back into the TV and get my own SD locals OTA. Thanks!!

Do you live in this circle for the SD's? Check your signal on 110 TP 18.

Attachments

• 2488-18s24-16.gif
    2488-18s24-16.gif
    35.4 KB · Views: 157
Digi,

110 TP 18 is locked and green at 46 signal strength on my 722. Is this enough for me to pull in the KC HDs and SD locals? Will my 625 pick up the KC SD locals? Thanks!!

I live in western KS, I'am getting a 27 signal strength at 110 & trans. 18, would I be able to get the KC HD locals? thanks

papperless

Thanks for the quick response, I can see the 129, don't care about the sd locals. Quick questions what do I say to Dish, just give my new service address in KC & what transponder are the hd locals being broadcast on the 129, thanks

One thing that helps is being on paperless billing & then new service address. I could tell you how I know this but then I would have to kill you. :D

Digi,

110 TP 18 is locked and green at 46 signal strength on my 722. Is this enough for me to pull in the KC HDs and SD locals? Will my 625 pick up the KC SD locals? Thanks!!

From what I recall that signal strength isn't that bad. I would check several times during the day as the satellite moves a little during the day(wobble), make sure you are still getting signal. The HD's will come in regardless as long as you have 129 signal since there are no spotbeam capabilities with the current satellite at 129.

When I check my birds, it says that I am on 110, do I need to change that to 129 or can I even do that to get the HD locals?
Thanks!

Your satellite receiver automatically changes between the various satellites automatically. Check your signal strength on 129 to make sure you are getting signal from this satellite.

I live in western KS, I'am getting a 27 signal strength at 110 & trans. 18, would I be able to get the KC HD locals? thanks

That does sound kinda low but that's for the SD's. KC HD is on 129 transponder 1.

"moving" to NY

I can easily pick up transponder 15 on 61.5.

Does that mean that it is possible to get the spotbeams on that transponder?

i've been researching 'moving' for a bit now and found this thread - and read all six pages!
i'm thinking of moving from chicago to nyc area. i have OTA here in chicago too.
it was unclear if i would still get program data for my OTA locals here in chicago after i 'move' to NYC. i would subscribe to NYC locals via dish too. so am i correct in assuming i'd still get OTA guide data for my locals?

i understand my EPG for locals will be off by an hour for the difference in time zone. are there any other considerations?
does dish have MSG in HD for those in the NYC area?
i checked out EKB: Dish HD Locals and it shows the nyc locals on 61.5 spot beam - does this mean i can't get them here in chicago.

thanks guys for all your help!

You probably can't see the beam from your area. If you have 129, try another market on 129.

And yes, you would still get your guide information for your OTA's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)