Help Getting Local Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
not totally true. look at zipcode 21643, and zipcode 21801.
both are salisbury md dma
however 21643 could barely pickup baltimore locals prior to salisbury going live.
they got the baltimore locals.
they are still listed as having them on d* website
and they did/do get them.

or you could live in a town that has 3 different sets of locals available. Dead serious. Pull up 56001 Mankato, MN. The city is in 3 counties (Nicollet, Blue Earth, Le Seuer) and has one TV station (well 2 now....KEYC CBS and KEYC-DT2 Fox)
Le Seuer is in the Minneapolis DMA (90 miles away) and gets Minneapolis locals only
Nicollet is also in the Minneapolis DMA but KEYC studios are in that county (North Mankato) so customers there get KEYC as SV
Blue Earth is KEYC, the other 3 missing networks from Minneapolis, DC CW and National PBS

Dish carries Mankato Fox, Directv gives them Minneapolis Fox (D* has had Mankato locals up before KEYC launched Fox there...I bet in the next retrans deal they drop Mpls fox for KEYC Fox there)

I wonder if that is like where I live. The town north of me is in a different county, and there are a few streets in my town that have the zip code of the bordering town. They aren't really in that town/county, but the zip code says they are.

I realize that, but ther situation would be similiar to what the people in Lewiston deal with. They are not any where close enough to receive the main signal, but have one station of their own. In this case directv eventually added their station to the SPokane Locals lineup and has given that area the Spokane Locals as well.
the county they are in is the Watertown NY DMA which is WWNY (CBS), Fox and ABC. They probably can get CKWS from Kingston, Ontario with a OTA antenna :)

The northern part of Idaho is in the Spokane market so they get Spokane regardless
idaho.gif

as for the OP, their market HAS almost a full set of locals. All they are missing is NBC (none in market). CBS, Fox, PBS, ABC, CW are all in market (Fox and CW are subchannels). D* just does not carry them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts