help, got D* now, should I switch to E*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We just switched from E* to D* and very happy also.
One of the big things we noticed is a better SD picture on a HD tv. With the Dish the picture seemed kind of blurry. Night and day difference with Directv.

Well I'm going to have E* installed tommorrow. I just hope it's reliable "enough". If not I'll come back to D*. This Co-op owned thing is hurting D*.

ds650 said:
Well I'm going to have E* installed tommorrow. I just hope it's reliable "enough". If not I'll come back to D*. This Co-op owned thing is hurting D*.

Whatever this Co-op owned thing is you're talking about, I suggest that you look at the number of subscribers with DirecTv. Nothing is hurting them as much as some people would like to believe.

ds650 said:
Let me know how everything goes. I'm probably going to be hopping ships to Dish as well.

ds650,

the guy that posted about the service contract with e* says svc calls are 29.95 , why then if you have a svc contract with d* svc calls are FREE. ask him what a svc call costs with no svc contract ( theyre 60.00 with d* ) the price will knock your socks off!!!!

by the way my business partner and his sister ( MY EX ) are from nw ohio also, ashtabula county, the dorset/ andover area. is that near you?

......bob

Not real close, I'm about directly 40 minutes East of Fort Wayne, IN. Between Ft Wayne & Lima OH really.

I don't no much about service calls from D*. I've never needed one.

I'm currently stuck in a rural co-op with D*. Is there a way to get out of that? D* asks like I'm just stuck. If it wasn't for that I might just stick with D* no questions asked.

if you are/were a nrtc subscriber, i understand they are treating you guys like the primestar conversion customers. be patient youll have the locals soon. stick with your proven and reliable system. with the new owners, were going to crush e*

How was Primestar treated? Were they treated by having horrible customer service like the NRTC has? I like Direct as a product, but the co-op is killing our relationship.

i understand nrtc is out of the picture at the end of january, i could be wrong about the date, but the conversion of contracts is on going. they treated all p* customers great, i was hired by excalibur cable holdings (the hsp) during that period and saw it firsthand. before long you will be a regular dtv subscriber

.........bob

D* said they didn't know what would happen when I asked them. They said by law I'm out of luck basically. In fact, a local retailers for E* biggest selling point in my area is that E* is not a co-op. And there are ALOT of E* dishes going up... My local NRTC claims I'm stuck with them & their inferior service & I have to deal with it. I'm tired of waiting really. E* has had locals here since Feb 04, I called my co-op then & they keep saying they are coming. Now they tell me I can't get them until 05.

zip is 45891, I'm entitled to Fort Wayne, IN locals.

hey guy,

i just checked , ft wayne locals are on , you need the second dish to get them though.
and if you want to upgrade to tivo , call d* and order one, its a 49.95 upgrade for existing subscribers, . if i can help any more let me know, hell ill ship you an 18 inch dish free.

.........bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)