Help!! HDMI connection lost signal...

Well it will not always be hardware... Sometimes with the hardware that is out there software updates will address things. But sometimes its the TV also which is hardware.. Overall I agree that most time it will be on the receiver end but not always.. Just becasue someone replaces something and it works does not mean that will fix everyone's issue.. There are other things that can play a factor like software and software will always play a role in things on how well hardware will perform.. But like I said its not always the case.. Sometimes it's a combination of the two..

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the problem is cracks in the 622 connector to the hdmi port.

And that it was not a fluke it happens but just when it will happen.

Yeah I can see that happeing thats why its important to see like you pointed out before with the version you had like C or D so forth.. Overall I think Dish is trying to address the issues but yet again if folks are having major issues still. Then make sure to get another receiver sent to you to rule out the receiver being the cause of the problem..

Poke,
As a well seasoned programmer and someone holding both a bachelors and a masters degree in computing, I agree yes, it COULD be a software issue if a TV provider was known to not follow the HDMI standard. This is not the issue though. As per Dish's own acknowledgement though, the only TV manufacturer to have a KNOWN software issue due to non compliance is Vizio. Dish and anyone else using HDMI software wise only has to follow the standard. The TV unit's themselves would have a driver to interpret THE standard to their standards. This is how all standardized hardware works basically. The issue is NOT software in the case of anything except Vizio units who did not follow THE standard. Dish stated this and anyone who has had the gumption to open up their units has also verified this as they can clearly see bad solder connections etc. The connector is flimsly. This is not an unknown by any means, dish has acknowledged it as mentioned above.

-Bounty

Is it just me or

HD LiLs - Anyone else hear this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)