Help Help, Component to VGA problems

eddiew

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
I need to convert Component Video out of my Voom box to VGA. I bought the Key Digital CTCA3 Transcoder for this purpose. Their is some compatibility problems with this combination (colors not right, yellowish tint). Im wondering if it can be fixed? The Voom component outs do work if gone straight to another TV that I have. The CTCA3 works also with another HDTV box (EVU 6000). So I know that both pieces work, just not together. Could this be a voltage issue? Are their any other transcoders that will work with this setup? Can the CTCA3 be altered to work with Voom? Any Ideas? I would hate to have to give up Voom. Thanks, Eddie

try a DVI to VGA adaptor. I am not certain if this will work but it may be worth some research.. I do believe that the DVI output is DVI-D only which would make this impossible, but I could be wrong.

I Have The CTCA3 For A 36" RCA 4:3 HDTV. The CTCA Works, But Only In 480P Mode, In 1081i The Picture Is Distorted. In 480P Mode The Picture Is Fine On The SD Ch.s But On The HD Ch.s The Picture Is Streched, Not Letterboxed. The VOOM Receivers See All HD Signals As 16:9 Even If Your TV Is HD But Is 4:3.

My picture geometry is not distorted, its perfect with the CTCA3. My problem is with the color. Any more idea's? How about Wilt? Does he frequent this board?

The CTCA3 works also with another HDTV box (EVU 6000). So I know that both pieces work, just not together.

I suspect that something is wrong with your Voom box. I am using a CTCA3 with my Voom box and everything is perfect. I also tried it out with my second Voom box and a different projector and that was perfect also. What display device are you feeding with the CACA3, and does it have color space conversion available on the input (some RPTVs can switch between RGB and component color space using the same DB-15 connector)?

My display is a Runco 980 front projector. I also have a Pioneer Elite 510. The Runco only accepts RGBHV. The Pioneer I can feed Voom direct into using Component, and looks great. As for Color Space Conversion that is something that im not familar with. Maybe someone else with a Runco 980 could answer for me. I think I will try a new Voom reciever, but if my Pioneer works, I just dont get it.

I still haven't heard you mention that it occurs in all modes on the box. Does it look the same in 480i, 480p, 720p and 1080i?

On the CTCA3 does changing the output synch do anything?

H and V drive, or composite synch:
-Switch 1 on (up):H and V drive VGA out
- Switch 1 off (down):Composite synch out

H and V drive, or composite synch:
-Switch 2 on (up):H and V drive VGA out
- Switch 2 off (down):Synch on green mode

Yes, looks the same in all modes. Ive tried every combination on the switches. I talked to Runco today and after trying every scenario with the sync switches and cables they think there is a issue between the Runco and Voom. His suggestion was to have a Runco installer come out and setup a mode on the 980 for the Voom box only with color correction built in to that mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)