Help Help Help with HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ryan1010

Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
Houston, TX
Greetings All

Going to try and keep this short and to the point... bear with.

Father has DirecTV at his place. I bought a house and it had DirecTV dish (3lnb) installed. I hooked up receiver from father's motorhome when its not on the road. It was replaced with a new HD receiver. I was given new HD receiver and found out I had to buy an HD 5lnb dish. I did so and did a self-install. I had the multi-splitter in my attic and replaced with a radioshack splitter capable of handling up to the 2150KHz or whatnot. I have one of the 4 lines from the dish connected through this splitter. I did a self alignment of the dish without a signal meter and have a high 90s signal on the 101, and on the 103, 119, etc I have some 0 and some 80s and 90s. I get quite a few HD channels but then again I don't get all I should. On the ones I should be getting it says "searching for satellite signal...771" Two questions... do I have my dish aligned enough and or do I need more than one line connected into the splitter in the attic?

Take note I can't call DirecTV to come out to my house... refer to opening sentences.

I also have the slimline 5 lnb dish and the H23-600 receiver.

Thank you in advance!

-Firefighter desperate for HD

Last edited:
Stealing? No the receiver and all equipment is paid for through DirecTV. I have the DTV receiver from the motorhome. Subscription is paid for for the receiver. Ass.

Whatever you want to call it, here it's called 'account stacking' - having one account (in this case, your dad's) in use at multiple residences at the same time. And it is not something anyone here condones. If you want our help, get your own DirecTV account - or better still, get a D* account and then they can come to your house and fix your setup. Which, as you have it set up, will not work.

Its no different than it being mobile in a motorhome, which directv is aware of. And as for the statement of it "not working," - it does work. HD channels come in, they're just not all receiving signal, same problem that happens when portable in motorhome. If you're not going to help then why bother to give your opinion on whether how I have my setup ran is (again, in your opinion) condoned. DirecTV is being paid for the services. Guess its the way you get your forum posts up.

yes it is different. otherwise you wouldnt be afraid to call.
when you use a motorhome your not at home, your only watching in 1 location

its theft of signal, they can prosecute you.

Afraid to call? Lol They were the ones who told me I needed to upgrade the dish on the house in the first place! I WAS THE ONE WHO CALLED THEM FIRST LOL look save your time and find another way to get your forum posts up. You're not any help and in no way scaring me with your "prosecution."

Ahhhh thank you! The private messenger saved me lol the splitter wasn't attached correctly. All of the channels come in now. Thank you T*******d!

Status
Please reply by conversation.