Help hitting 129 Satellite

rockcola

Original poster
Aug 31, 2009
Lehigh Valley, PA
From another post I was getting some help setting up a mobile dish system to tailgate for the USC Ohio state game this Saturday.

I have a spare Dish 300 dish (actually a legacy DirecTV) and I have no problem hitting 110. This is fine since it has ESPN HD, but I would rather hit 129 since it has ESPN2 and my locals in HD. (Its going to be a long tailgate:))

Im using a VIP 211 and I have had no success hiting the 129 Bird. On my receiver when I put in my zipcode; dish 300; and 129 on the dish pointing screen, it doesn't give me an angle or elevation for the 129. Do I need to do something to my receiver to find 129? Is it possible to hit the 129 only with the dish Im using?

Thanks,
Rocky

Since you are using different equipment. Disconnect the dish and do a check switch, this will clear out any settings you have from previous equipment. Then connect the legacy dish and make sure you are peaking on a transponder that is active...like a national one... check TheList link in my signature if you are not sure.

Suggestion compare the difference between 110 and 119 then make a similar change between 119 and 129 that should get you into the area to find 129. Fine tune from there.

So maybe this is all for not. On the 129 bird it looks like ESPN is only on spotbeam 1 and 55 and not a continental US Spotbeam. Since I'm in Ohio and not covered by spotbeam 1 and 55 would I even be able to get ESPN on the 129? I would pick up ESPN2 and ESPN news but not ESPN. If this is true I will just stay on the 110 and use my antenna for my locals.

Thanks,

So maybe this is all for not. On the 129 bird it looks like ESPN is only on spotbeam 1 and 55 and not a continental US Spotbeam. Since I'm in Ohio and not covered by spotbeam 1 and 55 would I even be able to get ESPN on the 129? I would pick up ESPN2 and ESPN news but not ESPN. If this is true I will just stay on the 110 and use my antenna for my locals.

Thanks,
Spots 1 & 55 are for AK and HI. You want TP30 for ESPN2 on 129.

I have no problem hitting 110. ... but I would rather hit 129 .... I have had no success hiting the 129 Bird. ... Thanks,
Rocky

I really think that everyone should stop trying to hit the satellites. They are in a fragile orbit, and every time somebody hits them, the engineers need to spend some more fuel putting the bird back in place. There is a limited amount of fuel on the birds, and if they need to keep expending fuel to fix the orbit, they will be in orbit for a shorter period of time.

Please everyone, just leave the satellites alone. Please don't try to hit them any more. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts