Help! How to use the free superdish left by dish network?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

accent

Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
I canceled dishnet work International package that is why I?got a free superdish. They want me send the LNB and receiver back. I think I should try play with the FTA before I take off the LNB from the dish.
I hooked A Twinhan 102G card to my computer. Then connect the cable then scan... it found nothing!
What should I do?
Thanks!

Depending on what you're pointing at, you'll either get some audio channels, a promo or two, NASA, or GOLtv. And that's if you have the Twinhan settings correct, ie proper LO (11250, I'd assume). What are you trying to get? For most FTA you'll need a bigger dish and a Linear LNB.

Edit: Ok, ignore the above misinformation and read below :( Sorry about that...

It will work for most KU birds depending on where you live. You will have to modify all the Horizontal transponders and convert them to Verticle since the Superdish is Dish Pro and uses stacked technology. You do this by by subtracting the horizontal frequency from 25600mhz. For example, if you wanted to get the Research Channel on Galaxy 10R, you would need to do the following:
25600 - 11805 = 13795

13795 V is what you would need to use in order to get that transponder to work. It is a pain but that is what is required if you want to view the H transponders. You also need to set your LO to 11750.

This is one reason to use a standard KU lnb and a 30+" dish. I use a 121 Super Dish lnb on a Starchoice dish so I know it works.

thank you for the quick reply

Thank you very much for the quick reply but I don't understand all those terms.
I got another silly question:
I didn't move the dish thus the dish still points the satellite. Why the receiver, I mean, my Twinhan card couldn't find a channel? Didn't you mean I need to change the setting on the Twinhan card?
Thanks again!

timmy1376 said:
How about retrofitting a new lnb to the dish? Might be easier?
Thanks. I did try to put a new lnb which I bought from ebay but still no luck.
I guess I don't know how to configure the Twinhan card.

The DishPro LNB's on the Superdish will not work very well with FTA receivers. They'll work, but you have to re-program your entire transponder list. It's really not worth the trouble unless you've got PLENTY of time on your hands and are very familiar with the way satellite receivers tune in signals.

As far as an LNB retrofit, I thought of that myself, but Dish uses a particular kind of LNB mount (called a D mount) which would be hard to find on anything other than an LNB made by them. You could rig something, but the measurements would have to match the original equipment precisely.

The lnb's that dish network uses that sits right down the bore sight of the superdish is a fss stacked dish pro lnb. This type lnb is different that anything that dishnetwork uses. It can be seperated from its feedhorn that bolts to the arm. Eagle Aspen has on that you can by that looks just like it other than its not dish pro. Look at there web site and you will see what I'm talking about.

superdish setup

I pulled the dishnet lnbs off and taped :D a fortec .4 lnb on it and aimed it at amc3.
tip tv level 77 quality 80
patient tv 77 78
pbs 79 45

other pbs with AC3 80 50-60

Next I plan to aim it at ia6 to see what I get.

My 76cm stays aimed at g10r

fortec ultra lifetime

Hi Iceberg

Hi Iceberg
Good One LOL. :D
it's just electric tape, I figure I can get about 3 to 4 months out of the tape in louisiana heat before it streches (lol) :D then I'll try duct tape. I hope someone can come up with a better way by then :) .

Actually, the electrical tape will probably only last a few days under any kind of heat.. honestly if I were to tape it, I would use duct tape.. much like my Phase II dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)