Help! I just got hooked up to my 2 HWS 2 Joey setup.

wireman75

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
United States
I just got hooked up to the 2 HWS 2 Joey set up and everything works good but i can't link either Joey to one of the hoppers it keeps saying it lost signal moca seem to look good the tech who was out installing them for me tried repeatedly to get them to work 3 separate Joeys were tried with no luck. I can hook the Joeys to the other hopper without any problem. So I am looking at ideas to figure this out.:(

One test might be to swap the hoppers and see if the problem moves to the other room or not.

It might point you as to whether that is a problem hopper or a wiring issue.

I would also check that it's all wired correctly at the duo node. Make sure there aren't any extra splitters, diplexers, etc
wiring diagrams: http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/279755-Hopper-And-Joey-Wiring-Diagrams

I will give that a shot i have tried evertyhing seems like weird thing is i have the first hopper and joey hooked up on friday the same hopper I can link to but get no picture i can get everything else but no picture from live tv DVR and Ondemand work fine but again on Friday everything was fine linked with out issue and could veiw live tv. after hooking up the 2nd hopper is where all the issues began. It's odd to me that i can watch anything recorded and with on demand and mirror what on the hopper but no live tv with an open tuner.

Try removing coax and power from joey and leave disconnected. Then reboot hopper. Once it's pushing live video, try coax then power back to Joey and see if that helps. What are you software versions? If the node is easily accessible, you could also swap host ports instead of swapping Hopper locations.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

If it's your original hopper then the tech probably just forgot to run check switch on it so it's picking up the solo node not the duo.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well i take that back I had everything working fine as of last night now tonight its back not being able to view live tv on either joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)