Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
Here's the deal.

I recently moved to Beaumont, Texas from DFW, Texas.

Because no local channels are available here, I thought at last that I would qualify to get Channel 86 - ABCE.

I called DTV and lo and behold! - instead of getting Channel 86 added, I ended up losing Channels 80, 82 & 88 - CBSE, NBCE, FOXE. All my other channels are fine.

They got me to reset my receiver several times and they have tried numerous times to send a signal to my receiver to allow reception of these channels. They have told me that my 3 lost channels show up as active on my account.

A technician is calling on Saturday to see what can be done.

In the meantime, does anyone have any idea whatsoever what is going on and how it might be resolved? Given what has been done already, what additional things can a technician do?

Please help me!

Jimbo.

First of all why is a Tech calling you Saturday. I would hope one is coming out, to your house.

What Satellite are those channels supposed to be on, and do you have the dish to provide them.

Just to clarify:

A technician is actually coming to my place on Saturday.

Before I called DTV to get Ch. 86 added, Channels 80,82 and 88 were coming in fine.

Then something happened while I was still on the phone to DTV and the 3 channels disappeared!

Just to clarify:

A technician is actually coming to my place on Saturday.

Before I called DTV to get Ch. 86 added, Channels 80,82 and 88 were coming in fine.

Then something happened while I was still on the phone to DTV and the 3 channels disappeared!

Did you move from an area that could not get locals (OTA) to and area that Does ???
If so, they may be taking your NY channels away because you have moved into an area that you CAN rec. your locals in.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)