Help! I need my college football!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lauren20

Original poster
Sep 19, 2015
Dallas
Yes I'm a girl. Yes ESPN and all other HD channels aren't working. Yes I need help!
Here's the deal:

1) Getting error code 771-signal loss on Sat 2.

2) Some channels come in fine, but channels like CNN, Bravo, ESPN etc.. give me error 771.

3) I have two receivers. Living room is an HR24/100. No access to OnDemand but my dvr works.

4) Bedroom receiver isn't working at all. All channels give me error 771. I have the small SWM grey box thingy attached to this receiver.

5) If you're thinking this is a realignment issue, is there anything I can do temporarily right now in order to see these channels? Can I turn off HD somehow and just view the channels in SD?

6) I've checked all plugs and cables. I've unplugged and replugged. I've reset the system entirely.

7) Desperate for a temporary fix since I know a Tech won't be coming today.

8) I live in a smaller 2 floor condo complex and I live on the first floor. A neighbor moved in recently and I know she had DirecTv installed. I'm concerned that when her technician installed her satalite he moved mine while doing so. The problem is there are around 8 dishes on the roof and I have no clue which one mine is. This is so frustrating because now I'm the one that has to pay for directv to come out to put the dish back in place (if this is even the issue to the error code) when directv is the one who cause the error in the first place.

9) Is there any info I can provide to you (my hero!) to help with this error?

Thank you guys for any help!!

Menu.. Settings.. Settings... Display.. Preferences... Guide HD... Show all channels

That will put the SD channels in your "All channels" and "channels I get" lists. That is as far as I can go for potential help...

if you have broadband internet then you can at least use Watch ESPN app to get them until it is fixed. Take my word for it, go get a Roku or other streaming device if you don't have one, you will love it.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Lauren20!

What are your signal strengths on 99ca/cb, 103ca/cb, and 101?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)