HELP!!! I Need to be Zapped!

mecdatlanta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Hello Everyone,

I am in need of some help. I bought a 630 and a 600 in Canada, where the technician did a mandatory installation at my summer house. As part of that installation, they activated both of receivers for use with the 60E dish using the quad LNB.

Fast forward 2.5 weeks...

Upon returning to Atlanta, I purchased two 85 cm Patriot dishes from Mike Kohl and now need the receivers to be programmed for the old quad LNBF (non-stacked, 2 satellites). I know I need to do a master reset, etc, etc, but how do I get Shaw to rezap my receivers with the old quad LNBF settings? Should I use the home away from home excuse/package? Or should I come up with another story? I have no idea how willing they will be to rezap my receivers given that I just had them installed in Ontario about 3 weeks ago.

Help! :eek: And thanks in advance.

mecdatlanta

I presume you mean you had the receivers activated on the new XKU lnb and need it switched to the older quad? If so just call them and tell them you are on holidays and you are in your motor home and new the V-code switched to the quad lnb on your winegard dish. You need to be on channel 700 with the green light only to have it switched. Leave it a good 10 or 15 minutes to download the new info before changing channels and you should be good.
It may take a day or so right now as they had an explosion/fire in their server room today and are trying to get the backup in place. So all hits are down until they get this fixed :(

even if your receivers need a re-hit, they can still be used to tune F1R (107.3) by using knowledge BC (ch 354 on the classic line up). once that is aligned, hook up both receiver and get the re-hit, which can be done on-line, then call and ask for new V-code, then you can tune F2 (111.1)

Thanks Frenchophile and showtime! May I ask what a V-code is? Also, am I to understand that the new hit from on-line will take into account my older quad? I thought that they had to send a special signal (that takes into account the older quad configuration) to hit my box. If I go online, won't I get the standard (i.e. newer) configuration?

Thanks!

mecdatlanta

even if your receivers need a re-hit, they can still be used to tune F1R (107.3) by using knowledge BC (ch 354 on the classic line up). once that is aligned, hook up both receiver and get the re-hit, which can be done on-line, then call and ask for new V-code, then you can tune F2 (111.1)

If you do it on line, you will still get the new one. You have to talk to a CSR to have the V-code manually changed by them to reflect the older quad configuration.(Quad lnb) The V-code basically tells the receiver what lnb you are using.

Cheers

PS
Their system is almost back up after the fire yesterday, so it will slow to get thru the phones I imagine a lot of people and installers will be calling in for hits.
hxxp://www.shawdirect.ca/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts