Help in choosing right antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
All seems well now no drop out on any channels that I see. Even the low powered stations come in good. Last night I did a scan and I picked up KTEN which is in the opposite direction. How is that possible.

All seems well now no drop out on any channels that I see. Even the low powered stations come in good. Last night I did a scan and I picked up KTEN which is in the opposite direction. How is that possible.
Even the best antenna picks up stuff from behind according to the antenna's front-to-back ratio.

No whining about unexpected wins.

Your lucky many DISH customers in the Sherman/Ardmore DMA can't get KTEN because DISH is having a contract dispute.

Now just settle in and enjoy "FREE" television.

Dont receive kten at this moment maybe it is a night thing we will see. Thanks for all your help.

Dont receive kten at this moment maybe it is a night thing we will see. Thanks for all your help.
A frequent term is SKIP. Signals in the evening and early morning are receivable on an intermittent basis and are not reliable enough to plan on watching.

It’s common to get kten in the evenings around Tuttle, especially if you repoint to the south/southeast instead of north to the OKC towers in Edmond. You might even pick up Lawton at night if you point to the southwest.

In my younger days I used to love rotating the antenna at our ranch in Seminole, at night to see what I could get from Dallas, Ft Smith, Lawton /Wichita Falls in addition to what we normally got from OKC, Tulsa and Ada.

i may invest in another antenna to point to the south /southeast just for the fun of it.
Be careful that can become an expensive hobby. Just a little better antenna, then an amplifier, next a rotator. Suddenly a $25 investment has reached $3-400 and there is still only the 4 major networks to watch.

i may invest in another antenna to point to the south /southeast just for the fun of it.
That's a whole new level of complication because as you add channels to the list, you risk new channels interfering with existing channels.

Remember that every piece of equipment that you install in the system comes with some signal loss due to connection losses and noise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)