Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
Hi there.....Okay, I'm not dumb, but I can't seem to figure this out. Problem:

Have four tvs in the house:

Living Room DVR 1 (w/hard drive)
Bedroom DVR 2 (no box or hard drive)
Guest room regular dish box no DVR
Basement regular dish box no DVR

Want to switch the DVR 2 from bedroom the guest room, but cannot figure out the cable connection. I know, of course that I have to put the receiver box from guest room into bedroom, and switch the connections around in the basement, but there seems to be an extra cable not going into the wall that controls the DVR 2. Hope that's easy to understand.

Can anyone help me in switching these two around? Much appreciated! bonbon:confused::confused::confused:

if your guest bdrm tv has an rf input you could just split your tv 2 signal and run it into your guest tv and buy a second remote , that way you have 2 options on guest tv and still have it on the other tv. I just have a splitter on the back of tv 2 and then send cable into attic and back down to 3rd and 4th tv's. there is plenty of db's to do that. otherwise depending on your setup and the # of walls and switch location it could be alot of rewiring. my way only needs a splitter and enough cable to reach guest bd thru attic .

The other way would be to unplug sat feed from guest tv box and plug into tv , then unplug that feed from switch and plug into tv2 output, then take the orignal tv 2 output and plug into switch and move box to old tv2 location and connect there . depending on your install that could be very complicated and time consuming and require new connectors which have to be done right to insure good connections

Hi there.....Okay, I'm not dumb, but I can't seem to figure this out. Problem:

I know, of course that I have to put the receiver box from guest room into bedroom, and switch the connections around in the basement, but there seems to be an extra cable not going into the wall that controls the DVR 2. Hope that's easy to understand.

Can anyone help me in switching these two around? Much appreciated! bonbon:confused::confused::confused:

The DVR box does not need to be moved for you to do this. It sounds like you have the wiring to each bedroom coming into a central point in your basement. Is there a single line to the DVR receiver? If so then your tv2 backfeed is diplexed. You just need to change connections from the old tv2 spot to the guest bedroom. More info would help, not sure if I read your post right.

More info would help but here is another way that won't need any alterations in the basement, you could get 2 equal lenghts of ready to use coax with connectors and 2 barrell connectors preferable the blue ones for satellite. Run the two cables between the guest and bedroom tv's, mark them before you start "I run mine along baseboard into closet then thru attic and back down into other closet and then along baseboard to 2nd tv" you might have a better route. then you just take the feed to the guest tv put barrel onto one line and connect other line directly to tv. then take the backfeed off the 2nd dvr tv and connect it to line going to the guest tv, then take the line from the guest room and connect to the box which will now be in the bedroom then into tv that had the 2nd dvr. this way will work best unless you have access to all the tools and supplies that a tech would have or want to pay for a reinstall. make sure to measure lenght needed for cables and allow another 10-15 feet extra. Maybe some one has a better idea but I know you can do it this way without messing with the original install too much. And Welcome to Satellite Guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts