HELP! Just upgraded to Dish hopper with Sling (from hopper 2000) and now Xbox one doesn't change cha

Dawson9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Just upgraded and now I can't change the channels. Everything worked perfectly before the upgrade with the old Hopper 2000. Now I have the Hopper with Sling and it isn't changing channels. I say Xbox watch Espn and it recognizes the command, just doesn't change the channel. All other voice commands seem to work though! Xbox on, Xbox turn off, Xbox home, Etc. However, when it turns off.. just the Xbox One and the Sony TV turn off... The Hopper with Sling, doesn't!

When I set up the Hopper, the box never turns off when it tries I then keep hitting no and it soesnt recognize the Hopper with SlInG When I get to the part to enter the model, I type Hopper and there is no selection for Sling... Just Hopper HD DVR So I think that's where my problem is. Just don't know what to do to fix it!

I've searched and haven't found anything that has worked. My remote manager on Hopper is set for IR, I tried the hold SAT button and. Press 1, * and record. That didn't work.

anything else I should try??

Would love to get this back to working 100%!

Thanks!

Nope. Tried resetting the tv and hopper on the Xbox one... Still not working. Anyone else?

Already checked IR, tried the CDC and left same message on Xbox forum. Just not sure why everything worked on the original hopper and now, not the Hopper with Sling. Anyone else recently upgrade to Sling? Same price as the old hopper!

Just upgraded and now I can't change the channels. Everything worked perfectly before the upgrade with the old Hopper 2000. Now I have the Hopper with Sling and it isn't changing channels. I say Xbox watch Espn and it recognizes the command, just doesn't change the channel. All other voice commands seem to work though! Xbox on, Xbox turn off, Xbox home, Etc. However, when it turns off.. just the Xbox One and the Sony TV turn off... The Hopper with Sling, doesn't!

When I set up the Hopper, the box never turns off when it tries I then keep hitting no and it soesnt recognize the Hopper with SlInG When I get to the part to enter the model, I type Hopper and there is no selection for Sling... Just Hopper HD DVR So I think that's where my problem is. Just don't know what to do to fix it!

I've searched and haven't found anything that has worked. My remote manager on Hopper is set for IR, I tried the hold SAT button and. Press 1, * and record. That didn't work.

anything else I should try??

Would love to get this back to working 100%!

Thanks!
I have the same problem. Just got the hopper with sling, had a 922 before and it worked fine with the xbox.

I'm guessing Xbox needs to add this in the next update. Mine hasn't updated in a while. December I think
If you go through the setup wizard, Hopper with Sling isn't an option

Anyone else have any ideas on this????

I don't have an XBox, so I'm not sure... When it says Hopper in the wizard, does it say Hopper2000 or just Hopper? Because Gen-1 Hopper is actually a Hopper 2000 or H2K, while a Gen-2 Hopper is a HopperWSling or HWS. Unless specifically labeled, a hopper is a hopper between the 2.

I don't have an XBox, so I'm not sure... When it says Hopper in the wizard, does it say Hopper2000 or just Hopper? Because Gen-1 Hopper is actually a Hopper 2000 or H2K, while a Gen-2 Hopper is a HopperWSling or HWS. Unless specifically labeled, a hopper is a hopper between the 2.
The IR commands are the same for both models, though.

The IR commands are the same for both models, though.
That's what I am saying. Again, I don't have an Xbox so I don't know. They should be the same, only way I could see a difference was if it was specifically labeled H2K or Hopper2000 and even then, like you say, the commands should be the exact same.