Help Local Channels Distorted

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry about the jargon you may not understand... I hope I can help you out

DMA is where you live and what city the channels are coming from.

OTA - Over the Air. This means do you have an antenna and way to look at digital channels not using DIRECTV Box or DVR??

I live in a suburb of Chicago; I was on the phone with DTV and they wanted to send someone out here next Saturday; which is 8 days; when I run a system test I noticed turner 2 is only at 30%

Check the Over the Air first, just to make sure, Grab a $ 3 pair of rabbit ears and that should handle what you want to accomplish.
It sounds like you get your channels (Locals) from D* (Directv), as you mantioned about not having an antenna.
Also, I would have to think it is a D* issue, mainly because we have not heard any one else on these boards in the Chicago area mentioning having trouble ...

I would definatly check your (SS) Signal Strength (I use SS, most others don't)
I think your locals (MPEG4) (Mpeg2 and 4 are the ways D* sends the signal to you, they are compression formats, for lack of a better word) are on the 103 sat, see if your SS is 80 or above on that sat, hopefully in the 90's.

Check your SS:
Menu > Set Up > System Set Up > Sat and Antenna > View Signal Strength

Jimbo

here is the latest; I have 2 HR20-100 receivers; I noticed that all my SD channels come in fine; however a lot of the HD channels don't work; example CBS HD; NBC HD; ABC HD; USA HD; etc give me a searching for satellite 771 but when I go into the options and have it show my SD channels; CBS, NBC, ABC, USA in SD work fine; so is the problem with the satellite that is sending me the HD channels?

Well if that's the case and all you hardware is working; your question "so is the problem with the satellite that is sending me the HD channels?" IMHO can only be explained by sub'ing to something or not. What packages do you have?

Is that a older grandfathered pkg? I think I am either missing some info or details. Are these all you are missing?

CBS HD; NBC HD; ABC HD; USA HD

If not, list all please.

Do you sub to the HD access and/or HD Extra Pack?

Charper,
I was thinking B-Band converter too, but if the channel shows, I guess they are OK ..

I wonder if he need to call D* and have them re-authorize him.
Also verify that he has the HD Pack.

Jimbo

So bad dish alignment? Odd, I had never read of that causing distortion; usually just nothing at all. Well good going on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts