Help! looking for advice

usathyan

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
As you can see, i havent posted here before.

I have a Dish 811 for 1 HD, and my 2 year "committment" ends next week. I also have SuperDish. Actually in the wrong spot, and need to move that.

Please advice if i can

(a) get an newer receiver. If so, which one? is 211 the latest?

(b) Move the superdish to a different spot or just get a different dish? which one?

(c) Any experiences getting a deal from them for kind of situation?

There are several options here. You could probably get dish to upgrade your 811 to a 211 for a nominal fee which may or may not include the upgrade to either a dish 1000 or 1000 + if hd locals are offered in your area. My reccomendation would be to pay dish the 200 $ upgrade for a 622 which would give you hd and dvr service to one t.v and dvr to a #2 television. Since your paying for the upgrade dish will probably throw in the dish upgrade for nothing besides a term commitment. Im not sure if you will be eligible for the 10 month savings. However when you speak with dish i would use your term commitment expiring as leverage to get the best deal you possibly can. Chances are they will work with you in order to get you to agree to the 18month agreement. Sorry about all the probablys and mabys but in my experience there is no way to tell exactly what dish may offer you. As far as moving the dish if you do the 1000 upgrade just make sure to let the installer know that you want the dish in a different location. I promise this will make his day

Spend the difference to upgrade to the 622. You'll love it. I had an 811 before the upgrade and the difference is well worth the cost. I had and still have a superdish, and they added a dish 500 for HD channels on 61.5. Everything about the 622 is vastly superior to the 811. Program guide, navigation, ability to record HD. etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)