Help lost ABC with latest software upgrade*SF Bay area*

My email to the local ABC channel 7 engineering department came back with they did indeed changed the transmission id and have corrected it the same afternoon after receipt of my email.

Yes they did, it was confirmed....Here is a copy of the e-mail they sent me:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last week we changed the Program ID's in the encoder. The PSIP was also
changed, however, we found that some program distributors do not use the
PID's they use the VCT, Virtual Channel Tables.

Please rescan your receiver to update the channels.

If you continue to have a problem

Please call (415) 954-7262.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 2:42 PM
To: 'mitpdub@hotmail.com'
Subject: RE: HDTV Inquiry

Your inquiry has been forwarded to the Engineering Department.
Laura Kutch
KGO-TV ABC7

Good work Polar. It's nice to see so many people working to get us those MNF HD games!

ABC is out again just in time for the playoffs

:mad:

I guess some communications problems between KGO and the voom STB again.

Not Voom's fault at all. KGO's digital signal has been off the air today since a little after 4 p.m. They started running a screen crawl about an hour ago.

Again, it's an over-the-air signal problem unrelated to Voom. But still a bummer!!

KGO engineering department said it is Sutro tower problem and will be fixed in a few days.

Don't know if this is related or not, but about the same time I lost the KGO signal on Saturday, I also lost the public KQED channels 9.1 - 9.5 as well. Normally I wouldn't have noticed this or found this to be a big deal, except I have a daughter who watches Sesame Street on the weekedays and now she can't. I am pretty sure this signal is also coming from the same tower in SF as KGO, but all the other locals coming from that tower are fine (KTVU, KPIX, KRON, KBWB, KBHK). Anyone have any idea what's going on or when it'll be back to normal?

KGO, KQED and KMTP had an antenna fail at Sutro Tower on Saturday (during the NFL playoffs, no less :(). AVSForum.com is down right now or I'd post a link to the thread where KGO & KQED explain the problem. Basically, there's been a failure, and they're waiting to get parts so they can fix it.

They seem to have fixed the problem tonight. As of 5PM it was working again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts