Status
Please reply by conversation.

burritoboy9984

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Dallas
Housetvs.gif

This is how my house tvs are currently set up. I am currently a Dish customer, but thinking about making the switch if I can better my current setup without spending too much more a month.

Family room has a 722.
Gameroom has a 222.
Bedroom 3 has a 322.

The wireless adapters are these, they are hooked up to the 722 and 222 via composite cables, so the wireless tvs can watch the second tuner of either receiver. The wireless tv in the gameroom has to stay wireless, as it is on an outside wall, and due to the roof design, we are unable to run coax/ethernet down it. The second tuner tv in the gameroom has a coax from the gameroom and family room second tuners, so depending on which channel the tv is on decides which receiver it is watching. There is a home run in the master closet that sends coax to all current rooms with tvs except for the secondary tvs in the gameroom.

The biggest downfall of my current setup is the lack of HD on all tvs except for the Family Room, and the Gameroom. Now a couple of things to consider, not every tv is going watching different things. Typically, we are watching a max of 5 different things at a time. So, if I got an HR34, could I hook up more than 5 H25's (I believe that is the correct RVU receiver?) throughout the house? If it isn't possible to hook up that many to one, could I hook up multiple HR34's to accomplish my goal? Also, does anyone know if you can output hdmi and composite simultaneously on the H25's (that way I could keep the wireless tv's stream without having a dedicated box just for it sitting in the corner)?

Thanks again for taking the time to read!
-Erik

you will be better off A/V-wise simply because you will need to lose those wireless transmitters (being on and outside wall makes no difference); you will like be saving a bit of cash and gaining better programming overall.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts