Help me decide!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ferris209

Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Texas
Howdy all,
I have been off contract for over a year and a half and I currently using a 622 with a non-working HDMI port, so as you can see I am in dire need of an upgrade!

The problem is I just dunno what to go with. I'm intrigued about the Logitech Revue with Google TV and I know I want Sling support.

I'm debating whether to get the 922 with (or without) the Revue or should I run with 722k with a Sling attached and with (or without) a Revue.

It is essential that the device support second tv, as my current 622 is my living room receiver with the TV2 running into my master bedroom. As I understand, the 922 didn't initially support this, but I'm led to believe it does now, right?

Thanks in advance!

Some will say go with the 722 and the sling adapter. I am going to say get the 922 and the logitech. So much more internal hard drive space. Way better interface. Support for HD on tv2 when the device becomes available this year (hopefully)

They are both good receivers now. The 922 still has one big issue though. No manual recordings or dish pass recordings (except through the website) so if that is important to you I would say get the 722. Otherwise the 922 is better. Also, remember that the 922 will be four dollars a month more than the 722. Unless you get the google tv with the 722 then they are the same (confusing isn't it).

And yes the 922 does output tv2 now.

Please pardon my ignorance in the topic, but what do you mean by "manual recordings"? I don't use Dish pass at all so that's no loss, but I do record alot. Also, if I were to upgrade, can I take my current EHD unplug it from the 622, plug it into the 922, and be able to access all my old recordings?

YES. You can still use your external hard drive from your 622 on the 922. As for manual recordings it is nothing more than vcr like time based timers. You can only set them on the computer using remote access with the 922 ,unlike the receiver itself like the 622/722/722k receivers do.

Personally I think the revue is a total waste of money, unless they start releasing apps for it or something.

Just my 2 cents.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. Like the 922 itself it has not lived up to all the hype. I would of hoped with a name like Google attached to it , the revue unit would have a good future ,but instead it has been met with all kinds of opposition from the networks themselves. It is great for Netflix and using playon.com I can still get Hula ,but it cost an extra $20.00 a year to have access to it. If I had to do it over again I would of just bought a roku unit for $79.00 instead of $259.99. The one thing I really do like about this unit, is that it will upconvert all programming to 1080p on both of my tvs using an hdmi splitter.

Thanks fellas, I think I'll roll with a 922 (I'm pretty sure the Dishpass and Manual timers will be added eventually), plus it sounds like the Revue has been a disappointment, so I'll just leave that be. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)