This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Help me identify this dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ORPACCOAST

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
North Oregon Coast
I bought this dish year's ago and for some reason all i can figure out from the Chinese writing translate's too "Phoenix Television". It is around 30" wide and 33" tall and i'm thinking about upgrading to a GEOSATpro 36"/90cm FTA Satellite Dish. I feel i may be missing out in signal strength with this current dish.
Anyone ever see one like this?
Carl

I think I've seen that Phoenix logo on 95W when it's occasionally unencrypted. That transponder is plenty strong. There are some transponders these days that are marginal on a 90cm dish without spending all day aiming, so you may be missing some on a smaller one, particularly transponders that are DVB-S2/8PSK.

The Phoenix dish is manufactured by the same company that produces the GEOSATpro models, AzureShine. This model is either a 70 or 75cm. The GEOSATpro model has higher quality hardware and the increased size will provide slightly better reception on the weaker transponders.

Reactions: jopta and KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.