Help me upgrade, please.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catmandu

Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
Hello folks. I have done some initial sleuthing with the search box, and emailed Claude at DishStore a few weeks ago but got no reply. So, I’ll just put this out for all to comment on.

Currently have America’s Everything with Washington DC Locals feeding a 301 and a 508 (both owned, no commitment left) going to two SDTV’s, and an HDTV getting both Baltimore and Washington OTA HD. I put structured wire (2 quad shield and 2 cat5e) to each room home run to the basement (50 feet longest run). Two homebuilt OTA antennas (one for each city) in the attic, three quad shield coax from the Dish500 on the roof to the basement (leftover from former DirecPC, now on Verizon non-FIOS DSL).

Tired of the constant DVR warnings for “Suite Life of iCarly Montana 101” about to interrupt my viewing, and want to get HD DVR capability. Will probably add one more HDTV to the mix soon, might have an occasional 5th TV in a guest room (couple times use a year). I am open to putting a 'media closet' in the basement, but don't have to.

I can probably be an upgrade, returning, or new customer with E* as I have tried to leave options open on my account, if you know what I mean. Never been with D* nor feel the need to change.

Ideas on what I should do to get the capability I want at the lowest up front and continuing cost?

Thanks!

First of all, since you are a CURRENT subscriber, Claude can not do anything for you except sell you equipment. If you want to lease instead of own, you need to ask for the Dish It Up price for a 722 receiver. Later, when you do get another HDTV, you could buy or try to lease a 211. (if after a year, you could lease another 722). You need to get on the phone to Dish or the website to find out what your options really are.

What I meant by 'leave options open on my account' is that currently my five year old account has a service location at our former residence, which is now a rental property. We now live in a new house at an address that has never had service associated with it, I moved and installed the equipment myself so no tech has ever visited the property, and my wife's name and ssn have not been used. So unless I am mistaken, I can just cancel my current account and she could be a new customer at this address.

I moved and installed the equipment myself so no tech has ever visited the property, and my wife's name and ssn have not been used. So unless I am mistaken, I can just cancel my current account and she could be a new customer at this address.

Yes she could, and you'd probably get the 722 for free, 4 rooms free for that matter......with a 24 month contract.

First of all, since you are a CURRENT subscriber, Claude can not do anything for you except sell you equipment. If you want to lease instead of own, you need to ask for the Dish It Up price for a 722 receiver. Later, when you do get another HDTV, you could buy or try to lease a 211. (if after a year, you could lease another 722). You need to get on the phone to Dish or the website to find out what your options really are.

I e-mailed Claude a few weeks ago as well to purchase a 211 & 1000.2 and didn't get an answer either. I ended up buying elsewhere, though I would have prefered to support the sponsors, ya can't buy when they don't respond.

Dang, all that wire in the house and looks like I need a run of Cat5e shielded to remote an HDMI. Well, at least I left a conduit from the basement to the attic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)