Help me wire my house...

well i scheduled the installation for tomorrow.

i got on the chat thingy with dish this morning, and the lady assured me that they would wire within the walls

this was her words
The process of running coaxial cable through a building wall is by drilling holes either from the top, in
an attic or service space, and/or from the bottom, in a basement or crawl space, then using a special rod, chain, or
metal tape to draw the coax along the desired route.

i still doubt that the guy will do it in the walls, but i guess we'll find out tomorrow.

If nothing else ill have him tell me where i should run everything, and he can come back later and hook it all up

Yeah, they won't do it. Well, they might, but they'll charge you for it.

They'll attempt to do it by running along baseboards, drilling through floors, etc. If anything you could have him just tuck the cable against the wall to hook it up, then re-route them later.

The process you quoted is generally how you would fish a cable, but they're not going to do it for free.

well i scheduled the installation for tomorrow.

i got on the chat thingy with dish this morning, and the lady assured me that they would wire within the walls

Usually, one wall fish is included, if it's more, you would be charged additional labor, I think $59 per hour. Especially if it is a contractor. One more thing to keep in mind, is the line supplied by Dish from the dish to the ground block is usually always a dual rg6 with a messenger wire attached for grounding. Depending on your installer, by dish code he should run that type of wire from the dish, sadly, some don't, but I would insist on it if I were you. Good luck!

You only need one line, 2 would be nice but not necessary, Separating and diplexing is fine 99.9999999% of the time. just make sure your lines go to one central location for the tech, Make it the BSMT if possible. Don't try to guess where the dish will go, You want to minimise outdoor connections and want the diplexing done inside if possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)