Help me with my choice of BOX and EHD plez

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BK94541

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
San Francisco
I do have 2 722s and one 612 receivers , Now I wanna get another 722 in EBAY.. The newest model is 722K , really don’t know what’s the deferent between the 2 anyway or worth the K model or not!
But have almost 10 existing mybook750GB EHD and all FULL,
Some people had experience with 722K buy the recevier ,asked for format when they connected the exciting EHD …
really don’t wanna do that..and Customer service dont have anything or support the problem ….so is anyway easy way to fix that smoothly and get the 722K works with my EHDS or just buy another 722 model instead!?

Last edited:
Actual sentences, proper punctuation and word tense would make it much easier to read your posts. The 722K is fully compatible with 612/622/722 as far as sharing EHDs. Who were the "they" who said otherwise? BTW, the 722K features an OPTIONAL OTA module which allows recording of two OTA channels simultaneously.

Dish says all 612/622/722/722k on one account can share any EHD on the account.

If one balks, make sure it has the proper household ID or have Dish send a rehit for EHD support to the receiver.

I get HDNet Test Patterns from 2000 to 3500 MB/hr with some in between, corresponding to MPEG 4 and 2, respectively. A few other recordings likewise. Before recent months recordings were bigger on HDNet. Still get some HDNetMovies at the MPEG-2 rates, what's up? Old HDNet "Arrested Development" recordings were 4000 and new "World Coastlines" are 3500 to 4500. BTW, multiple TP recordings to put one each on most EHDs.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts