Help! Mercury II no signal

periogumdigger

Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
I just moved my glorystar Mercury II reciever from one shelf to another in my entertainment center (something I have done before). The move necessitated unplugging the unit and disconnecting the coax connection and the RCA style plugs from the back. Now that I've put everything back together, the box displays the channel number on the numeric display and the TV shows a dialogue box that states no signal. I have checked all my connections and they look good. What can I do?

rechecked all connections

Thank you for the suggestion. I rechecked all connections but to no avail. Do you have any other suggestions?

Not knowing your specific setup, let me suggest something that happens to me from time to time.

I wind up hitting the wrong button on one of the remotes which results in inadvertently changing the "input" to the tv.

You might want to make sure that the TV "input" is set to whichever connections you make to your TV (VID, ANT, whatever).

Also, if you connect through a vcr/dvd which has either its own tuner or multiple "line" inputs (L1, L2, etc.), you might want to make sure that the proper input is set there too.

Also, forgive me for stating the obvious but, if you don't have the Mercury II set to display the time when the power is "off", I think it will continue to display the channel number even with the power "off".

I have checked the power several times. In fact, originally I thought that if the unit could reboot the problem would go away so I turned it off for a couple of hours but the same problem persists. When the unit is turned on, I get an image on the tv screen which shows the name of the satellite and the station name I have selected but the meter bar shows no signal and "no signal" is written on the middle of the screen.
I have checked the remotes to make sure the settings are correct.
I also put in a new coax cable to see if there was a problem with the old one.
Like I said, all I did was unplug the unit and move it to a different shelf and then repluged it the way it was.
Everything was working fine before I switched shelves.

another obvious problem - but one I have done - make sure you have the coax from the LNB plugged into the correct connector on the STB and not to the loop through connector.

If this still does not correct the problem, disconnect power, bypass any switch in the co-ax and power up again - possibly a switch got blown (unlikely just changing at the box - especially since you did unplug it when moving.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts