Help! my 942 is stuck at acquring 61.5/transponder 7!!!

orpheus

Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
After being on the phone with Dish's tech support for 20 minutes, she told me that someone will call me back in 24-48 hours!

My 942 is at L225 software version, and actually there is no 61.5/transponder 7 when I tried to use Point Dish to verify it!!! And both cold/hard reboot can not make it choose another satellite/transponder, so I am stuck. :-(

Has anybody experienced this problem before? any tricks for me to try?

Thanks in advance.

61.5 TPs 1,3,5,7 are the V* channels.

Due to lack of software updates, those TPs can not yet be selected in Point Dish.

If you can get into Point Dish, can you do a Check Switch? If so, that may do the trick. If not try a full monty. Disconnect the feeds, cold boot, check switch, reconnect, check switch.

What I did to get out of 61.5/transponder 7...

I just power-cycled the "power inserter" to my DP44 switch, and that got it out of the 61.5 and went back to 119! Now, it is all fine. Called Dish's tech again, told them what I did, and surprisingly to hear the guy said that they knew what to do, just the lady who answered me earlier missed the step! :-(
Simple Simon: sorry for the duplicate post on the "HDTV" forum, I was desperate and thought more people might read my post.
:)

Im thinking about putting my DP+44 on a lamp timer just like I do my 921s. Im having to reset it at least once a week lately. I wonder if its a heat problem, as I didnt have any issues all winter.

i had this problem and check switch until i was told it was a legacy lnb problem, that software would be coming to fix. I changed my legacy over to dish pro twin on my 500 and dual dishpro on my 300. I then used two dishpro sw 21's all to one receiver 942. I don't have that problem now. If you wait it should be corrected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)