Help my cable provider (Cable Telephone)

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Help with my cable provider (Cable Telephone)

Hello guys, my Cable company which provides High Speed Internet service and Telephone keeps screwing up big time.
First last month they accidently cut off my cable service for no reason (HS+Telephone) because they screwed up and cut my line accidently, this is retarded.
Then I see this on my service:
UNLIMITED LONG DISTANCE $14.99
HIGH SPEED INTERNET 5M $33.99
WW 250 CALLING PLAN $20.00

The WW 250 plan, I called them last month about it, I told them to cancel it, because charter told me it wasn't with my original order when the installer came in to install my service, so I told him thats fine, I don't want it, he told me to call charter to let them know, I called charter on the same day and the stupid thing was there, and told them to remove it, they said it was removed and I shouldn't see it on my statement or even billed for since I never got it and ever used it, now a month later I got view my statement online and I see this service still here and I am getting billed for, now do I have to pay for this even if I was un-aware of this service still being on my account when I receive my other statement by mail? I don't do international calls, and never used a dime of that, I think its unfair and very stupid if they are billing me like this, should I ask to speak to a supervisor or something they can do? I spoken to a representative and he told me he couldn't do anything about it because I am already billed for it and I had to pay for it.

Long story short, I never used the WW 250 service, never was on my telephone order when I ordered my telephone service, I called them as soon as I saw the service in my service list at the beginning of last month online, and I called and I was told by them that I wouldn't get billed for, but it looks like I am getting billed for, which is very very stupid.
I could use some advice here before I cancel everything.
I been a customer with them over 6 years now, always paid my bills on time.
I think its un-fair people have to pay for something that they fked up for.

Last edited:
I would call and ask to be transferred to the cancellation department. Explain to them the reason for canceling is your being billed for services you did not order nor use, they will remove it rather quickly.

Sorry for the highjack icewolf, but I have to know.

Steven, what Freedom is your counter counting down to. I did a quick google and the DTV transition is further away than that and the 2008 election is less than that. Just curious.

I would call and ask to be transferred to the cancellation department. Explain to them the reason for canceling is your being billed for services you did not order nor use, they will remove it rather quickly.

Ok I asked to be transferred to the billing department (Also the cancellation department) After an hour of explaining and the rep kept asking the supervisor we finally got this sorted out.
They told me they had to charge me 5$ to remove it, I was like, well its not a service ****THAT I ORDERED****, and then she put me back on hold for 10 minutes.....she finally was able to waive that fee of 5$ to remove it, at first she told me there is no way to remove the fee...
Well as of now I can only wait and see if I am going to get billed for it againt next month or not.
Hopefully they don't screw up again.
Thanks for your input stevenl, it helped a lot.

What is Jan 1, 2009? If I may hijack this thread further. To my understanding, Feb 17, 2009 is the digital transition date. Correct me if I am wrong.

You are right, but remember some station are already transmitting in hd, that date is the late entrance for those reluctant to do it now. like mine spanish station, just one or two in usa are broadcasting hd and is no even the most important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts