Help, my dish 500 will only get one sattelite at a time.

BY38326

May 26, 2010
Pickwick
Dish 500

On my camper Dish 500 setup, I recently encountered a problem of only getting 110 or 119. Have not been able to get both. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I have a feeling the LNB or the Switch is now defective.

On my camper Dish 500 setup, I recently encountered a problem of only getting 110 or 119. Have not been able to get both. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I have a feeling the LNB or the Switch is now defective.

Many people have experienced similar problems, from poor aiming to actual component failures. Do you have a problem you want to solve or are you just informing us you had a problem.

Need more info than you are giving. What type lnb's and switches are you using? What are you doing that will cause change from 110 to 119 sat? Have you tried to clear the matrix (run check switch with all sat wires disconnect from the receiver and then again once you reconnect the lines?

MORE INFO

My RV sys setup is with a Dish 500, the LNB has Dish Pro written on it and the receiver is a VIP211K-HD. I changed the reciever out last year from a Dish 301 which went bad to the VIP211K-HD. With the Dish 301 receiver and my Dish 500 antenna, I did not have a problem. Got both Satellites.

I use a Wineguard Satellite finder Model SF100 and mount the antenna on a Wineguard vertical stand.

I ran check switch with the wires disconnected and then reconnected.

Then I went through the following proceedure:
A. Set the vertical stand with the bubble in the circle.
B. Checked the skew set at 121 degrees for my location, zip code 38326
C. Set the elevation at 40 degrees
D. Aimed the antenna at 219 degrees.

Finder said no satellites. Rotated the antenna to the west and got 119 but no 110. Rotated the antenna back to the east a got 110 but no 119. Elevated the antenna 2 degrees at a time and went through the same procedure and still only got one at a time.

My peak signals at the 40 deg elevation were 34 at 119 sat. and 45 at 110 sat.

Then I checked my antenna at home which was installed about 2003. It is a Dish 500 and is set at 42.5 degrees elevation and a skew of 128.

Perhaps the skew is the problem. Could the unit design really be off that far, 7 degrees (128 vs 121)???

merged the two threads together....please keep the same thing in one thread. Opening multiple threads of the same thing only confuses everyone trying to help with your issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)