Status
Please reply by conversation.

WalksInDarkness

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Kekistan
HELP! My HR20-700 will not power up!

Something very weird is going on with HR20-700. I was putting a new component in my HT, and I accidentally unplugged the HR20. When I plugged it back in, it started to fire up but all that happened is the "HD-DVR" splash page came up and the screen went blank. Then the little circle of blue lights kept rotating clockwise, looking like the Yin-Yang symbol. I have tried to reboot it nearly a dozen times, but the same thing happens over and over. It happened started last night at ~6:00pm EST. I have tried different methods like: using the red reset button, unplugging the unit & shutting off the power strips switch. I have left it unplugged for several hours, as well as letting the thing try to boot up for several hours.

Any Advice? Can the D* do anyhthing to reboot it?

HELP! My HR20-700 will not power up!

Something very weird is going on with HR20-700. I was putting a new component in my HT, and I accidentally unplugged the HR20. When I plugged it back in, it started to fire up but all that happened is the "HD-DVR" splash page came up and the screen went blank. Then the little circle of blue lights kept rotating clockwise, looking like the Yin-Yang symbol. I have tried to reboot it nearly a dozen times, but the same thing happens over and over. It happened started last night at ~6:00pm EST. I have tried different methods like: using the red reset button, unplugging the unit & shutting off the power strips switch. I have left it unplugged for several hours, as well as letting the thing try to boot up for several hours.

Any Advice? Can the D* do anyhthing to reboot it?

That is weird! Have you tried plugging it directly into an outlet, not a power strip? Make sure there are no loose cable connections, also.

Problem Solved

UPDATE:
Problem Solved.
There was something funky going on with the box or tv, maybe caused by me adding an HDMI line last night for the HD-DVD. The CSR told me to disconnect the HDMI cables while the power was unplugged. Fired right up after reconnection.
GO PATS!!!

Last edited:
UPDATE:
Problem Solved.
There was something funky going on with the box or tv, maybe caused by me ading an HDMI lie=ne last night for the HD-DVD. The CSR told me to disconnect the HDMI cables while the power was unplugged. Fired right up after reconnection.
GO PATS!!!

WID,
Try doing that again, now that you know how to solve it and see if it will act up again. I'm curious, adding a HDMI to a HD DVD should not have caused ANY trouble seeing they are separate items on separate inputs.

Tahts OK if you don't want to try it, but I'm curious , if you do, can you duplicate the trouble and determine if it was a fluke thing or something that we can duplicate.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts