HELP! Need Info on Dish Network's Old Affiliate Program from 2009 for State Tax Man!

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
I paid all federal and state income taxes on income I received from Dish Network's Affiliate Program in 2009. However, I just got notified that the State of New Mexico now wants "Gross Receipts Taxes" on the whole amount from all customers (in all 50 states). I need to prove that the program was nationwide via internet embedded affiliate links in which case I'd only be liable for New Mexico customers that signed up for Dish Network. I'm hoping and praying that someone has a copy of the contract or any document describing the program. If you have anything you can blank out any personal info. Also if anyone knows who to contact from Dish Network it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help!

This link somewhat describes very briefly in general how it worked: http://www.ehow.com/how_5519513_become-dish-network-affiliate.html

Last edited:
I think hes saying he received a discount on his bill using the referral program... and now the state wants him to pay taxes on the discount.

Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm retired Air Force and have been living in New Mexico for the last 20 years. The IRS sent their 1099 forms to the State of New Mexico since I had a New Mexico address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts