HELP..Need procedure for 2 Hopper/4 Joey Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eddwall

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
Get 1 Hopper loaded , then Joey 1 loaded, then Joey 2 loaded.... Then disconnect or power down the 1st Hopper & Joey 1 & 2 ..... Then get Hopper 2 loaded ....then Joey 3 loaded , then Joey 4 loaded ... The connect or power up the 1st Hopper and Joey 1 & 2 ...both Hoppers should be up with their 4 Joeys...... Pls verify for me. Installer working on dish/lnb and we are both a little concerned about a 2 Hopper 4 Joey system. Thanks

Come on 3 hrs have passed..... Two Hoppers + 4 Joeys.... What is the power up & load process...I want 2 Joeys to see 1Hopper and the other 2 Joeys to see the other Hopper if possible. Until the software update where everything is tied all together...

Both Hoppers must be hooked up, take their downloads and then activated before any Joeys are even connected. When the Hoppers are ready to activate he needs to call Dish and give them the Hopper receiver numbers and smart card numbers then give the Joey numbers and smart card numbers. Once the Hoppers are activated you can connect the Joeys and they will activate through the Hoppers. The Joeys go pretty quick.

When the Joeys go through the wizard set up it will show what Hoppers it can link to. I was only able to link my 2 Joeys to 1 of my Hoppers instead of 1 Joey to each Hopper. I'm still experimenting.

Thank you very much....will we be able to put two joeys on each Hopper or will it be 3 joeys on 1 Hopper and 1 Joey on the other Hopper.

I just did a 2H 4J install this afternoon. Install both Hoppers and get them up and running first. Once they say they're ready for activation call in and activate all 6 units at the same time. Do not power up any Joeys until the Hoppers are both watching TV. Then power up the Joeys and follow the wizard one by one. You can put 3J on 1H if you want. You can even change which Hopper a Joey is linked to at any time - just go into the Whole Home setting and pick which one you want to link to.

I just did a 2H 4J install this afternoon. Install both Hoppers and get them up and running first. Once they say they're ready for activation call in and activate all 6 units at the same time. Do not power up any Joeys until the Hoppers are both watching TV. Then power up the Joeys and follow the wizard one by one. You can put 3J on 1H if you want. You can even change which Hopper a Joey is linked to at any time - just go into the Whole Home setting and pick which one you want to link to.

How long did your install take?

About 4 Hours (had to rebuild the install a little bit too). The main thing that set me back a while though was one of the Hoppers would only show a black screen when I picked any channel other than 101. It took me a while to figure out that the smart card wasn't registering (showed all zeros on sys info). Once I removed and reinserted it, had to wait 10 min for the next hit and then it worked.

gtal98 said:
About 4 Hours (had to rebuild the install a little bit too). The main thing that set me back a while though was one of the Hoppers would only show a black screen when I picked any channel other than 101. It took me a while to figure out that the smart card wasn't registering (showed all zeros on sys info). Once I removed and reinserted it, had to wait 10 min for the next hit and then it worked.

Dish was never able to see my work order so it took forever. I created 3 work ordered and they still never saw it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts