Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
A number of members contacted me and told me that last nights preseason NHL games on Dish Network were blacked out.

However no one told me what games were blacked out except for one member.

I am working with Dish Network to fix this issue as the preseason NHL games should not be blacked out.

If you know of any preseason NHL games which are or have been blaced out on Dish Network besides the game on MSG please reply here so that we can forward this information to Dish and get the issue created.

Thank you!

Scott, the preseason started on Monday, so the MSG game last night is the only one that has been shown that is in the sports pack so far.

But if you look in the guide, tonight's game (same game) on MSG & MSG Plus at 7pm is showing blacked out (circle with line through it on the info screen in top right corner), the game Friday night (Sept. 18) on MSG is showing being blacked out at 7:30pm, MSG game on Sat. (Sept. 19) at 4pm is showing blacked out, the FSN-Detroit Sat. night at 7pm is showing being blacked out and the CSN-Chicago game on Sat. night at 8:30pm is showing being blacked out. Also Mon. (Sept. 21) game on MSG at 7:00pm showing the same thing.

Hope this helps out! I hope this gets corrected soon!

I don't recall Dish ever broadcasting pre-season games on CI. In prior years you were not even able to subscribe to CI until late in September or early October.
If they don't allow subscriptions in mid-September, who would be allowed to watch the pre-season games?

I was a subscriber last season and according to Dish I am automatically a subscriber for this season, although last year I had to call to re-subscribe from the previous season.

According to the espn site, only one game has tv coverage tonight -- NY Rangers and New Jersey on MSG. I see nothing scheduled on any of the NHL channels on the Dish guide at this time.

I don't recall Dish ever broadcasting pre-season games on CI. In prior years you were not even able to subscribe to CI until late in September or early October.
If they don't allow subscriptions in mid-September, who would be allowed to watch the pre-season games?

I was a subscriber last season and according to Dish I am automatically a subscriber for this season, although last year I had to call to re-subscribe from the previous season.

According to the espn site, only one game has tv coverage tonight -- NY Rangers and New Jersey on MSG. I see nothing scheduled on any of the NHL channels on the Dish guide at this time.

They don't show preseason games on Center Ice. They are NOT suppose to black out the games on MSG (if you have the sports pack) or the other regional sports networks I listed during the preseason. Directv doesn't black these games out in their sports pack, so Dish shouldn't.

From what I understand last nights game was blacked on to MultiSports customers. It should not have been.

Yeah correct Scott and if you look at tonight's game on MSG is shows the same thing. The blackouts should be lifted during the preseason on all games in the sports pack.

hey guys - i was with directv for 10 years before switching to Dish 3 years ago - and every preseason it was the same struggle re blacked out preseason games. One year the Ranger Season Preview Show was blacked out! I believe that was when i was with Directv.

Two years ago i was able to get in touch with the powers that be at the NHL via email and believe it or not he even called me back and fixed the situation that day. Prior to that, i would just call Dish/ directv and complain and the situation was always eventually fixed, but usually not until after the first game of the preseason. this year i didn't have the energy to argue with dish so i didn't bother calling last nite. i just recorded the rebroadcast later that evening on MSG.

i appreciate whatever efforts are done to fix this matter- i like watching in prime time! also, i saw the guide showed the ranger game on the NHL Network last nite but i missed it - was this really the case? i assume it was the bruin telecast. The NHL Network is showing some preseason games too.

Not sure if I should make a new thread or post it here, it's sort of related. The NBA preseason starts in a few weeks so if I sign up for the $6 sports pack will I get all the out of market preseason games on the rsns or will they be blacked out?

Not sure if I should make a new thread or post it here, it's sort of related. The NBA preseason starts in a few weeks so if I sign up for the $6 sports pack will I get all the out of market preseason games on the rsns or will they be blacked out?
They'll be blocked out, you have to watch them on the League Pass channels.

I was looking at my guide and it looks like Dish has lifted the blackouts on the preseason games. The games don't have the circle with the line through it on the info screen anymore!

Scott, you are the man! Thanks for getting this corrected! :up

There have been games listed for the NHL Network. Are those being blacked out or are they shown?

I could never figure out why the pre-season games get blacked out. You'd think the NHL would want to start promoting early and get as many eyeballs on its game as possible.

I was looking at my guide and it looks like Dish has lifted the blackouts on the preseason games. The games don't have the circle with the line through it on the info screen anymore!

Scott, you are the man! Thanks for getting this corrected! :up
Thanks to everyone who reported it to me. :)

Glad Dish was able to get it fixed. :)

Thanks to everyone who reported it to me. :)

Glad Dish was able to get it fixed. :)

Thanks for looking after your members Scott. I'll have to hit you up again, when MLB starts spring training next March. Dish has blackouts on those games as well in the sports pack and Directv shows them, but that's for a later day. Thanks once again!