#HELP NEEDED !!!! PLEASE

InternetDetermined

Original poster
Feb 7, 2019
INDIANA
We have dish an we NEED internet please explain to me HOW we can get internet at our house.
Previously i had a hotspot that we ran off of my phone but that no longer works for some reason, but would like to be able to use computers an playstation an tablets the smart tv options an netflix, ect....
Please tell me what hardwear i need or who to call. Or how to rig it up whatever the case. We live in the country cable unavailable an expensive so Dishnetwork we working with.
I was told Dish doesnt have internet ???
Im confused but if anybody can help me my kids an myself would be so so happy.
Losing our minds with no connection!!

You need to be more specific about where exactly you live and which cell phone company used to provide your internet.
Satellite internet should be available but it is expensive and relatively slow.

If you live in an area that has no wired service like Cable or DSL, nor does it have a local company that uses the grain elevators, etc to "bounce" an internet signal to your house, and your Hot Spot isn't working, Dish has 2 Satellite options, but not sure which one would be available where you live. The choices are Hughes Net Gen 5, which will give you d/l speeds from 25-50 Mbs (normally between 25-30) or Viasat 2 which I believe have the same speeds.

However, Satellite Internet is Data Capped and pricey. The 50 Gb for Hughesnet is about $90.00 a month, but 50 Gb isn't a whole lot. Gaming is not going to be good for FPS games, specifically and streaming eats data fast. 1 HD Netflix movie can use up to 3 GB of data. So if you NEED internet, those are probably your choices, but you have to know, there are limits

Have you asked any neighbors what they are doing? Internet providers are VERY local-based and franchised through your township, and we really can't easily advise you without knowing where you live. Calling your local township office should also get you info on what's available in your county.

I haven't noticed any worse slowdowns on either our Verizon or AT&T prepaid unlimited hotspots than we normally see on crowded towers even before we reach the full speed cut off limit. The slowdowns have typically not interfered noticeably with streaming TV programs.

His hotspot may have failed because it was using a SIM not intended for use in a router/hotspot. In our area ATT has been cracking down on a couple of companies that were activating SIMs for use in a tablet then putting them in a Hotspot/Router to resell as unlimited LTE internet. ATT disabled the SIMs without notice to the users and the companies are like "not our problem". Lots of users are not happy.

i just started using the verizon prepaid jetpack

$70 month, unlimited internet, but it is deprioritized, so it may slow

Would be interested in hearing your experience with the Verizon prepaid unlimited hotspot after using it for a month or so. I am considering it for when my DSL promotion expires.

Would be interested in hearing your experience with the Verizon prepaid unlimited hotspot after using it for a month or so. I am considering it for when my DSL promotion expires.

is tarted 12/26/18

so far its been great, over 500gb first month, and on track for mor than that this month

speeds @ 60 down/30 up

i have yet to notice any slowdown, but i am rural and the tower is most likely not in heavy use

i also moved the sim to a verizon smarthub, then used the Ethernet out to the wan port on a wireless router.
the jetpack didnt have the signal strength i needed

Reactions: comfortably_numb

We haven't been quite a month on the plan yet, but it's been solid and when we were in St Marys, GA we were getting 40-50 Mbps down, and ~20 Mbps up. Now we're in White Springs, FL, and getting 18-25 down and 7-10 up. Those numbers are with 8 devices connected to it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
We haven't been quite a month on the plan yet, but it's been solid and when we were in St Marys, GA we were getting 40-50 Mbps down, and ~20 Mbps up. Now we're in White Springs, FL, and getting 18-25 down and 7-10 up. Those numbers are with 8 devices connected to it.

Good information. Thank you :)

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts