Help needed with DVR recording

jpmarto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
E. of Seattle
I used to know how to do this, but the last 4 attempts haven't worked like I expected.

I like to record individual music videos. I'm on the west coast, so I set my DVR to MHD at 3am to "auto" to coincide with the 3am-6am program. When I get up at 5am or so I can rewind through the last hour and find any videos I caught that I want to keep. I press "record" at the beginning of the song I want, and at the end I press the "stop" button.

What happens is the recording ends at the current time, not the end of the part I want. Thus, the 5 minute video I want ends up as 10-55 minutes long or so.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Consider purchasing a DVD recorder and transferring to DVD. Then you will have only the video you want. After all, your DVR hard drive WILL fail, and it will have to be replaced, and the videos you like will be bye bye gone gone.

Consider purchasing a DVD recorder and transferring to DVD. Then you will have only the video you want. After all, your DVR hard drive WILL fail, and it will have to be replaced, and the videos you like will be bye bye gone gone.

I second that!!!!:up

Thanks for the replies.

I think my initial issue is that I need to have the rcvr on the channel I want, not in a record/program mode, when I wake up. I noted that if I just rewind through the last hour, press record during some part of it, then stop recording, it only records what is between those two times.

As for a DVD recorder, I've been contemplating one to preserve my 8mm handycam recordings. I'm relatively clueless about them. Would using one with my dish rcvr give me HD? What output(s) of the 622 rcvr would I connect the DVD to?

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts