Help needed!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bsakoff

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2009
VA.
So I'm a mover and when they switched Atlanta's local hd to spot beam the other night I lost all my HD locals. So I "moved" again today to Richmond ( I live in Charlottesville VA.) and the locals come in but the HD locals do not. So I called Tech support and they told me the local HD channels are on Satellite 61.5 which I do not get a signal from. My question is are there any way for me to get out of market local hd channels? or can I point my dish to receive satellite 61.5? I just cant watch sports in SD now that I am so used to HD. I am trying to avoid switching to Comcast. Any Ideas?:confused:

What sat antenna setup do you have? 1000.2, 2 Dish 500s? You can always add a wing dish to get 61.5 or another sat position but you need to have a line-of-sight to the SE. There are also ConUS HD locals on 77W. That may be your best route as though will not go to spotbeam anytime soon. 77W HD locals can be found here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn77?=true

Be sure to pick one that all four of the big networks. Not all markets have all 4 networks uplinked.

What sat antenna setup do you have? 1000.2, 2 Dish 500s? You can always add a wing dish to get 61.5 or another sat position but you need to have a line-of-sight to the SE. There are also ConUS HD locals on 77W. That may be your best route as though will not go to spotbeam anytime soon. 77W HD locals can be found here:

Be sure to pick one that all four of the big networks. Not all markets have all 4 networks uplinked.

Thanks for the help. I have a dish 1000. I will try the 77w route first and see if that works.

Another question. If I change to a 77W signal will I need to move my dish or will it pick it up fine where it is?

Another question. If I change to a 77W signal will I need to move my dish or will it pick it up fine where it is?

If you have a 1000.2 that receives 110, 119, and 129, the LNB has a 4th port for a 4th sat position. You will have to acquire a Dish 500 antenna and DP Dual LNB and mount it to receive 77W. You will run the RG6 from the Dish 500 to the LNB IN port on the 1000.2 antenna. The 1000.2 remains in the same position it is now to provide your normal sat programming.

you need a wing dish for 77 or 61.5. You could also replace your current dish with a dish 1000.4

I checked the signal strength for 77W and it shows a good signal. Does that mean if I switched to locals on 77W they would come in?

you know im not sure. How do i check which dish it is? sorry im a newbie when it comes to this stuff.

If you have a single dish pointed to the SE, and get HD, it is a 1000.4. If you have a single dish pointed SW, and get HD, it is a 1000.2. If you go Menu 6-1-3, box G will show the sat positions you're receiving. The equipment is in box h. If you javen't repositioned anything and are getting 77W, you probably have a 1000.4 dish and are good to go.

Does it actually show sat 77 at the bottom of the signal strength strength meter with a green signal bar, because if you have a dish 1000, you should only be getting 110, 119, and 129. With a Dish 1000, if you change the sat to 77 in the point dish screen, you should get a red signal bar and it will say wrong sat beneath that.

Push the menu button and choose 6 > 1 >3 system info and it will show you which sats you are connected to.

yep, your correct it says wrong sat. I guess I am out of luck then. Is there anywhere still brodcasting local hd on 119 110 129?

129 still has some, like Chicago, but I imagine within the next month they will all be moved to spots. I would just get an extra Dish 300 or Dish 500 and a Dish Pro dual lnb and mount it and point it to 61.5 for the Richmond locals. There is the possibility that if you wait a few weeks, that you might have other options as Dish begins firing up more spotbeams on the new sat at 129.

129 still has some, like Chicago, but I imagine within the next month they will all be moved to spots. I would just get an extra Dish 300 or Dish 500 and a Dish Pro dual lnb and mount it and point it to 61.5 for the Richmond locals. There is the possibility that if you wait a few weeks, that you might have other options as Dish begins firing up more spotbeams on the new sat at 129.

Thanks for the help. I think I am probably going to switch to Comcast. They have all the local networks in HD. I dont think they look as good as Dish but there beter the the SD crap I am stuck with right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts