I'm so incredibly confused

nyvram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
So what did I miss?

1. I caught a wiff of some type of offer in January for existing DISH users..I just purchased HD BRONZE last fall and didn't get any letter and this went away Feb 1 so I have no idea if I missed out on something that would have saved me money.

2. HD is making me crazy. I now have VS HD (in bronze!) but I can't find any reason for this or if its going to stay. I see the red "Fox HD", "CI" and "Fox Business" channels which I assume means I need silver or gold to get.

3. I came to the forum today looking for a summary of the changes and I find utter chaos..is there a single post somewhere that lays out what HD channels are being added/deleted from bronze/silver/gold?

4. I go to dishnetwork.com and the channels listings are not up-to-date. For isntance I also have a Tennis HD channel??? ANd for about a week I had about 15 different NBA HD channels.

5. I get a letter in the mail yesterday telling me my HD bronze is going up from $25/mo to $39.99!! After calling CS she tells me that $39 includes my local & DVR so really its just a $5/mo increase. Is that accurate?? I am realy concerned I'm in for dish sticker-shock on my next month's bill.

I don't have the time to keep up with this forum all the time so please can someone tell me what is going on? I started reading some of the threads but they made me even more confused. Sorry I have so many questions but a month ago everything was fine..now I feel completely lost at sea and have no idea what's going on with my HD & bills. :(

Last edited:
VS is on a free preview. NBAs were on free preview. Channel 102 always tracks the free previews for you. It is usually in the Gold package. Turbo Bronze is $29.99 but locals and the DVR fee make it $39.99. The package increased $5 from $24.99 to $29.99. CI is in the Platinum HD add-on package which is an additional $10. Fox News HD and Fox Business HD are not currently available for the HD-only packages either by design or technical glitch.

VS is on a free preview. NBAs were on free preview. Channel 102 always tracks the free previews for you. It is usually in the Gold package. Turbo Bronze is $29.99 but locals and the DVR fee make it $39.99. The package increased $5 from $24.99 to $29.99. CI is in the Platinum HD add-on package which is an additional $10. Fox News HD and Fox Business HD are not currently available for the HD-only packages either by design or technical glitch.

I have the Turbo Gold-Fox Business HD is now showing. Fox News is only in SD as of now but the fact i have it in SD tells me the HD should be on soon.

I have the Turbo Gold-Fox Business HD is now showing. Fox News is only in SD as of now but the fact i have it in SD tells me the HD should be on soon.

Do you have GoldHD add-on which should be showing FNC HD and FBC HD, or do you have TurboHD Gold stand-alone which is showing FNC SD (free preview) but should not be showing FNC HD or FBC HD?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts