Help - New to FTA Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

philinhouston

Original poster
Mar 18, 2009
Houston
Poster March 19, 2009
Help. I am new to FTA Satellite network. I live in the N.E. of Houston, Texas. I want to know if I could use the FTA network in this area. If so how to I find out information on buying and setting up so as to receive the FTA signal. Phil phil.

Free to air isn't a network phil. Its just a term to describe signals that aren't scrambled to prevent reception. Suggest you start by reading ALL the freq asked questions here, in the FAQ section. Forum sponsors here, who sell free to air systems and equipment have links at the top of the pages. The ones I know about who sell fta equipment are Sadoun, SatelliteAV and GoSatellite. Look at their sites and study the equipment specs. Ask here about specific parts. We also have a review section where some of the more popular stuff has been tested and written about.
A lot just depends on what type programming you want to watch. The pay programming that is on some satellites is scrambled and intended for paying customers of sev diff tv providers. Some may be subscribed to, for a fee, and usually by obtaining that providers receiver and decryption card. There's a lot up there for free to enjoy though. The List-top of page....will give you some idea of some programming thats avail.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)