help! newbie trying to find out why channels are almost all spanish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fast240z

Original poster
Oct 7, 2005
I need some help! I'm new to satellite, and I am having problems with my setup. I have a dish network pro 500 dish and a pro 500 LNB and a Fortec Star Lifetime Pro. I was told that all I needed to do to set my dish up was to point it so that I could get both satellite 119 and 110, and it should be set up. I have over 1000 channels, which a majority are spanish, repeat channels, and some are "scrambled or bad signal". I have been using the coordinates to set the dish based on dish network's web site, as well as using SatFinder and Zipcode32. No matter how much we adjust the dish, a majority of the channels are spanish.

What am I doing wrong? As I said before, I'm new to satellite, and don't know that much about it, but I am very good with technology and understanding instructions, so if anyone has any ideas to help, please let me know!

By the way, I live in Sacramento, CA, my Zip code is 95828, and the coordinates I am using are Az: 153 Elev:44 Skew:82

"By the way, I live in Sacramento, CA, my Zip code is 95828, and the coordinates I am using are Az: 153 Elev:44 Skew:82"

Can you give us the exact location so we can further help you? :)

Hi welcome to satguys :) there is plenty of Fta on the KU Birds but nothing legally on on dish network.. Other than a few barker channels. You would need a 30 in dish min... and a ku setup to recive those channels.. With that said There is hack talk allowed in this fourm.. Feel free to visit the FTA section to see what you can legally pick up with a FTA reciver. If its IllLegal its not welcomed here.

bob

no need to be nice to these pricks

WE DO NOT CONDONE THEFT OF SERVICE....WHAT PART OF "NO HACK TALK" DON'T YOU GOD DAMN UNDERSTAND??"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)