Help- NO HD on channel 616-1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlarruso

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
BYU fans throughout the nation are in panic mode right now because our conference channel 616 "the mtn." Is broadcasting the BYU-UTAH game in HD on channel 616-1 today. The HD broadcast was supposed to officialy start at 11 mtn time. The only areas on our BYU sports board that are reporting getting the HD channel are parts of Texas and Utah.

THe channel shows up in everyones guides but when you click on the channel is shows message 721 saying that the channel is not purchased.

I went round and round with a technician who says that channel is only in Standard Definition. I said "its on your program guide in HD" she said the program guide can come online a couple of days before an HD channel. I said it doesn't say not available it says I haven't purchase the channel. She said that the HD channel could turn on Sunday or Monday. I told them it is for todays football games only. Like i said- 15 minutes arguing- they said nothing they can do-

It is an issue and people are calling DIRECTV about it. DIRECTV has told people it's The Mtn. network that is blacking out the network in HD or that the network is not available yet in HD. I have done the red button reset, refreshed services and called customer service. No luck with anything, still getting a 721 message.

I got this email back from the Mtn. regarding the issue:

Thank you for your email. This is incorrect information. First, we are
not blacking out any programming anywhere, anytime in any state. Second,
many people across the country are watching the programming already in
HD. So, you can either scroll through your system to 616-1 or call them
and have them reset your box.

Please let us know if you have more issues.

Best Regards,

The Mtn.

Just spoke to another CSR, she transferred me to a tech support person who told me the HD feed is not available yet but that they are working on it and hopefully it will be up later today.

Amazing they could not deliver this on time, they had the time to get everything into place.

Joe

I'm getting the same error message. I emailed DirecTV. No answer yet. I also reset my box. It still isn't working.

Let's all flood them with calls and emails until the problem is fixed.

BTW I noticed there's no HD box in the guide for the first game but there is one for the second.

For me 616-1, after having the right guide data yesterday, now shows Pay Per View movies in the guide all day.

Joe

Another response from The Mtn.:

Honestly, truthfully, there are people all over the country who have
confirmed they are seeing us already in HD. DirecTV is taking our ENTIRE
day and it has already begun.

Yes, we had trouble with DirecTV the day they launched the network as
well. we have no idea why this is an issue.

So, you have the HD package, you have asked THEM to reset your box and
you have scrolled through to get Channel 616-1?

Best Regards,

The Mtn.

One more response from The Mtn.:

Thanks for your reply. Stay with us - we'll get this figured out! We
have heard from other people who are having the same problem, in fact
someone from the Conference office is having the issue too so we are
working with him to try and find something that works here. Once we do,
we can share the information and we'll also post it on our website.

Unfortunately, we are currently out of suggestions. But we're here,
we're looking into it and we'll figure this out.

If you find a solution in the meantime, we'd be grateful if you could
write back and share it with us.

Best Regards,

The Mtn.

I am in the 721 errror boat. If they don't get this up before the holy war I am going to raise holy hell. Come on they knew this was coming for a while now. I e mailed them as well. Game of the year and D**screws it up again.

Last edited:
It appears to be on for everyone now. It looks as though it was a DIRECTV issue and it finally was acknowledged by people in the know. That is all I ask for, pass along good information and let us know it was a DIRECTV technical issue and that it is being worked on.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts