Help - No signal - LNBF?l

LindainTX

Original poster
Mar 2, 2008
After several weeks of no Dish TV, it was time to do some troubleshooting. Both the box ( Dish 512 Solo) and the LNBF (DishProPlus Twin) were replaced less than a year ago. In fact the LNBF has been replaced twice in the last year, since the first one went bad in less than 3 months. The current one has only been installed since late January.

In any event, I figured replacing the cable was the best place to start troubleshooting. Unfortunately, it did not work. When I run the check switch, I get the message back that a satellite input or switch is not connected properly and than normal operation will be adversely affected.

Then it goes on to tell me:
Port 1 DPP Twin Good Connection, No Signal
Port 2, DPP Twin Good Connection, No Signal

At this point, I am thinking it may (AGAIN) be the LNBF. Does that sound reasonable? Since this is owned equipment, I am looking at buying a replacement part rather than calling a tech. Or maybe it is still under warranty.

I have been a Dish subscriber from the day Echostar became available in the Washington DC area. We've moved cross country, and have replaced all the parts over the years, but I have to say we have had more problems in the last year than all the other time combined. My husband is ready to trash the entire system and go to U-verse.

I really don't want U-verse, so help in diagnosing what is going on would be appreciated!

Linda
Houston, TX

>Any possibility the dish might have been knocked out of alignment?

Not terribly likely, but I'll get the level and check it out tomorrow. That is the probably the only thing we didn't check today - and by the time I thought of it, the sun was down and we were working by flashlight!

Linda

Buy the protection plan for $7/mo. and get your problem cured for $15.
>Any possibility the dish might have been knocked out of alignment?

Not terribly likely, but I'll get the level and check it out tomorrow. That is the probably the only thing we didn't check today - and by the time I thought of it, the sun was down and we were working by flashlight!

Linda

Connection indicates the reciever sees the lnb, no signal says either BOTH lnbs have failed or the Dish is out of alignment, probably the latter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts