Help!! No signal Port 2

Buddrick391

Original poster
Jan 20, 2017
Abingdon, Maryand
Good evening. I think I'm tech savvy enough to know that the customer service representative is way off on my problem I am having. On Sunday we had a pretty good storm system hit us with heavy rain and wind for several hours. I did not notice any issues during the event however the next morning is quite a different story.

First thing I noticed is a program that records on a daily basis (Seinfeld TBS 139) was NOT recording. I pull up the program guide and notice that the channel WAS NOT in the program guide. I then tried to tune to that channel and it tuned to a shopping channel. The only channels listed in the program guide
(and could be tuned to) were pr meemium and locals.

I did diagnostics and there was one issue found: Port 2 No Signal.

I immediately called Dish and was advised that (and this is no lie): "there is a weather system in Peru that is causing signal loss on most channels included in the Flex Pack. Your channels should be restored in a few hours"

24 Hours later I called again in that I know didn't have locals. Just premium channels. I called customer service once again and was told the same thing.

It did not make sense to me then and it doesn't now. The issue is still happening. I only have locals and premiums.

I have checked the dish. Still stable and nothing noticeably different. All connections are tight. Any suggestions would help!!

Good evening. I think I'm tech savvy enough to know that the customer service representative is way off on my problem I am having. On Sunday we had a pretty good storm system hit us with heavy rain and wind for several hours. I did not notice any issues during the event however the next morning is quite a different story.

First thing I noticed is a program that records on a daily basis (Seinfeld TBS 139) was NOT recording. I pull up the program guide and notice that the channel WAS NOT in the program guide. I then tried to tune to that channel and it tuned to a shopping channel. The only channels listed in the program guide
(and could be tuned to) were pr meemium and locals.

I did diagnostics and there was one issue found: Port 2 No Signal.

I immediately called Dish and was advised that (and this is no lie): "there is a weather system in Peru that is causing signal loss on most channels included in the Flex Pack. Your channels should be restored in a few hours"

24 Hours later I called again in that I know didn't have locals. Just premium channels. I called customer service once again and was told the same thing.

It did not make sense to me then and it doesn't now. The issue is still happening. I only have locals and premiums.

I have checked the dish. Still stable and nothing noticeably different. All connections are tight. Any suggestions would help!!
Port 2 of what? Do you have a switch? Can you tell us what kind of equipment you have? Can you see how many coax lines are coming out of your dish?

Reactions: HipKat and pattykay
Port 2 of what? Do you have a switch? Can you tell us what kind of equipment you have? Can you see how many coax lines are coming out of your dish?

Thanks for the reply. I am attaching screen grabs from the Diagnostic test. I have Hopper 2 with Sling. Hybrid System. One coaxial from LNB to Coaxial splitter, one terminating to host and one terminating to Joey. One Hopper One Joey.

Test Installation results attached as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20180512_014141686_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180512_014141686_LL.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,236
  • IMG_20180512_014131573.jpg
    IMG_20180512_014131573.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_20180512_014840511.jpg
    IMG_20180512_014840511.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 797
Thanks for the reply. I am attaching screen grabs from the Diagnostic test. I have Hopper 2 with Sling. Hybrid System. One coaxial from LNB to Coaxial splitter, one terminating to host and one terminating to Joey. One Hopper One Joey.

Splitter? It should be going to a Hybrid Solo Hub

I can tell you seeing as how we're both in Maryland that "storms in peru" are not affecting you to me it sound like your duo node or hybrid hub depending on your install is either failing or that coax to port 2 on it is failing. You're only seeing the channels on the 72

I can tell you seeing as how we're both in Maryland that "storms in peru" are not affecting you to me it sound like your duo node or hybrid hub depending on your install is either failing or that coax to port 2 on it is failing. You're only seeing the channels on the 72
Port 2 of the Node? He doesn't have one. He said he has a Hybrid LNB and no switch, there is no port 2. I think Port 2 must be a reference to one of the LNB positions.

Your LNB was either damaged in the storm or your dish is out of alignment. You're no longer receiving all of the satellite signals you need to receive. You can try to point your dish yourself or contact Dish and get a tech out.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm starting to agree that it is the LNB. The dish is very steady. Nothing that would have me opine that it's not in alignment. One question. I initially had the service installed at my vacation home. Same DVR and Hybrid dish. Installed the exact same way, without a node or hub. So... is the LNB "married" to the Hopper or can I remove it from the old location and switch it. Both are easily accessible.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm starting to agree that it is the LNB. The dish is very steady. Nothing that would have me opine that it's not in alignment. One question. I initially had the service installed at my vacation home. Same DVR and Hybrid dish. Installed the exact same way, without a node or hub. So... is the LNB "married" to the Hopper or can I remove it from the old location and switch it. Both are easily accessible.
The lnb can be swapped out no problem. Since the tap was working fine you can leave it for now but it would be a good idea to swap it with a hybrid solo hub at some point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

The lnb can be swapped out no problem. Since the tap was working fine you can leave it for now but it would be a good idea to swap it with a hybrid solo hub at some point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I like that post except to say that the tap is fine there. Replacing it with a hub will make no difference unless he wants to add more Joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)