Help on a Dishnet HD setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jt240z

Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
Please for give me if this is old hat for most of you. I'm just a tad confused as to what hardware is going to be needed for me to get the best access to HD off of Dishnet.

Right now I'm looking at either the Vip211 or the Vip622 as my receiver. What I'm confused about is, what dish, or combination of dishes, should I be using in order to acquire all the required sat links? I live in the south east USA (Atlanta) and I have no issues with multiple dishes on the roof. From what I've read, it looks like a couple of dish500's would be in order, but what satellites to I need to acquire and what switch is needed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been a long time Dishnet user, but only now taking the next step to HD.

First off, welcome to Satelliteguys!
Right now, Atlanta HD locals are on the 129 satellite so you will need a Dish 1000. As for satellite locations, you will need 110, 119, and 129. The D1000 will look at all three satellites so you just need to decide which receiver you want. If you want to use your D500's, then you will need to get a DP34 switch and run 2 lines for the 622. The 211 only needs 1. This is assuming that your D500's have Dish Pro lnbs.

Yea, the D1000 comes with a DPP twin so should only need 1 line coming in if you go with the 622 route

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)