Status
Please reply by conversation.

zinco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Canada
Hello,

I'm searching for a replacement for my SonicView 8000HD. What do you recommend.

I read about AzBox and was impressed with the AzBox Premium HD, but some guys said it's very buggy.

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks!

Zinco, I can't help you with a pick for a new receiver cuz I have an 8000 also. If you would PM me, I would like to ask you a few things about the 8000.
Thanks

RT.

If your looking for 4:2:2 then azbox or pc card, if you just want a s2 receiver then the Manhattan rs-1933 would be a good choice.

A lot of people have different opinions about which receiver is better, myself I just look at how I'm going to use it within my setup and how much stuff is out there that you can really watch . I purchased a S10 for under 100 dollars on Ebay which means I can buy a second unit and I'll still spend less and the S10 may not be perfect but it's still only TV.

The AzBox has an integrated Web Browser, IPTV, Wi-Fi, etc. It's like an All-in-One Box. That's why I find it interesting. Hope someone who tried it would comment.

I've had two of them, an Elite and a Prem Plus. I sold them both. They are an ambitious stb, and with their 4:2:2 capability are unique, BUT all their features are not well implemented, and they are kludgey to operate. I think they are fascinating, too, but I'm happier using my PCI stuff to handle the few 4:2:2 feeds I find, and my Solomend 800 and Manhattan boxes to handle the rest. :)

I, too, would like some input.
We have a Kbox that does not pick up the DVB S2 channels and we have had to get an attachment to get the AC3 audio.
Since that is the case - we are seriously considering a new unit that will hopefully serve all our purposes - DVB S2, Mpeg, AC3 audio, HD and anything new that is coming down the line.
(We have a Toshiba and are receiving OTA HD channels on it)

I would also like to know - there are a couple of *choice channels that are unencrypted. However, we can't pull them in - do we need a different lnb than the FTA one we have?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)