Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I am sorry to keep bothering everybody with my questions, but I have one more. I am getting a 7.5' dish. It comes with a 18'' actuator. Do you think that one that size will allow me to see most of the arc, or would you all recommend getting a bigger one while I am at it. I like to do things right the first time, even if it may cost a little bit more up front, I belivive that time is money, and that doing it right to start with will be the best. I had a 10' dish for several years back in the VCII days, and I cant remember what size that it had on it. I know that I could see from 69W to 137W with it though. I am putting the new dish in approximately the same place the old one was in. I could kick myself in the arse for not keeping that 10 footer.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
69W to 137W. Do you still have an obstruction further east or was it the stroke lenght the limiting factor? My true South is 79 and here in Toronto I can go from 53W to 137W and it only extends 12 inches (now I use an old 24" Von Weisse). But ultimately the type of dish (weight, how and where the arm attaches) plays a big role. time is money but this is a hobby for most of us I guess, so if I were you I would try the 18 inch first and see how far it points (just set the angles roughly). I would say that if it came with the 18 inch arm then you should be fine, more likely it is a local dish, isnt it?

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
Well, I can't say for sure about going past 69W, to the east. I can see farther to the east past that. 69 was as far east as I went back then, because that is where Spacenet 2 was, and at that time there was nothing much that I cared about seeing farther to the east. I suppose that I will try the 18'' actuator. It is a Venture Mini-T, so it should be pretty good. I have managed to find the old actuator that I used with that 10 footer I had, and I will measure and see what size it is later on. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts