help picking a fortec reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I cant compare them as I ownly have a mercury II, but its fast, simple to operate, great motor controls, great blindscan. I really enjoy it, the one thing I wish was that sharpc's channel master software supported it :(

I also really enjoy my Mercury II FTA receiver. It is, as others have said, really easy to use and does a really good job blind scanning satellites using one of three options (quick, normal, detailed). I did a lot of research before purchasing my FTA system last year and this receiver was one of the most recommended.

you could slave the directv ird off the fta one, but really there is no point, any lnb used for directtv pointed a directtv bird, wouldnt find any fta.

A DirecTV multiswitch will work fine with a FTA dish/LNBF and receiver. You will need a dual-output LNBF in order to use it though. Also, the OTA input on a 3 x 4 multiswitch will function, and allow you to use a diplexer inside to split the satellite and OTA signal.

A DirecTV multiswitch will work fine with a FTA dish/LNBF and receiver. You will need a dual-output LNBF in order to use it though. Also, the OTA input on a 3 x 4 multiswitch will function, and allow you to use a diplexer inside to split the satellite and OTA signal.

even with the new mpeg 4 equipment from direct tv

is there a way to run a direct tv receiver and a FTA receiver from 1 coax cable

can an fta dish go into a direct multiswitch and then the line be split in the house using a separator?

even with the new mpeg 4 equipment from direct tv

- no -

This question or a variation gets ask every month.

One version is "can I use old DirecTV parts with my FTA setup?"
And to that, the answer is "usually, yes".

But here the question is, "can I save a coax run into the house?", as I understand it.
And to that, we give a resounding, "hell no!".

Neither from dishes to switch, nor from switch to receivers.

For all sorts of reasons, you should keep your DirecTV and FTA coax wiring separate.

But here the question is, "can I save a coax run into the house?", as I understand it.

[PIE]i am not trying to save a coax run into the house i can't run a second line to the room where the receiver would be and wont be allowed to drill any more holes to run the second line. [/PIE]

Clarification -
- no -

And to that, we give a resounding, "hell no!".

Neither from dishes to switch, nor from switch to receivers.

For all sorts of reasons, you should keep your DirecTV and FTA coax wiring separate.

Both FTA & DirecTV use the same band of frequencies of KU. Yes they are 2 separate batches (FTA is 11.7-12.2 and directv is 12.2-12.75) but you cannot run both down the same line because they will clash. They both run between 950MHZ-1450MHZ.

Now if it was cable TV or an antenna you could use a diplexer to combine them outside and split them back inside because antenna runs at way lower frequencies than satellite and cable does too.

my view to the southern sky have other houses in it and with my undertanding FTA sats are not as powerfully as dbs sats so i was wondering how siginal recptions would be

With satellite either you receive the signal or you get nothing, if you do not have line of sight to the satellite you can not pick up anything, you will have to find another place to mount the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)