Help please

Hellboy

Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Plattsburgh,Ney York
Hello,
I used to have a D500 with 110/119 for Latino programming. Since I upgraded my receiver for an HD receiver, I have now a 1000.2 pointing to 110/119/129 and another dish pointing to 65.1
Am I pointing the rights satellites for my place? I have lost some channels since now 2 weeks. Thank you!

You should be getting all the channels you subscribe to (I looked up 12901 as a plattsburgh zip code to see what programming you would get). What channels are you missing? Are they completely gone, or do you get an error message when you go the them?

I am missing some HD channels like HGTV, SPIKE, NICK, TNT and some others. I got a message that says "Complete Lost Signal" and it tells me to reset the receiver or check out the wiring.
Thanks

I ran a check switch. I realized that mostly of the channels that I'm missing are those on 129W, like Univision HD.
I was wondering if I have the rights satellites for the place I am? 61.5-110-119-129
Thanks!

Sounds to me like you aren't getting a good lock on 129 sat. What readings on the transponders on the 129 sat are you getting? You are using the western arc 1000.2 sat dish and plugging the coax from the 61.5 sat wing dish into the in port of the 1000.2 lnb right? There shouldn't be any other outside switches used with this configuration. If you have any that could be why you are having some problems. Also the western arc 1000.2 sat dish will default to the 129 sat over the 61.5 sat if there are duplications on the channels since it is geared for the western arc dish. This would make you see missed channels too if the 129 sat is not locked in on.

That is right. I have the 61.5 going to input line. I don't have any other switch outside. You are right. I just checked and my signal strength for 129 has dropped to 20 and that might the reason. I am able to see some channels with the 129 signal however but I suppose that I have to move my dish to get 129 signal stronger?
Signal goes from zero to 36 and then to zero again for 129 on all transporders. The only one that I get locked is transponder 16 but when I move it, it goes away.

Last edited:
The elevation for 129 in your zip is very low at about 15 deg. If your locals are on 61.5, you should be using an EA dish

My programing is Dish Latino Dos and I upgraded to HD free with a 2 year contract. If I'm able to have all those channels on 61.5-72.7-77 sats so no problem and I'll get the EA dish. But I also have some channels on 110 and 119 and I'm wondering how I can set up my 2 dishes to get all allright? I really appreciate all the time you take helping me.
This is my SD channel list: http://www.dishlatino.com/paquetes/estandar/dishlatinodos.aspx
A lot of channels on my package are on 110 and 119.

And my HD channel list:
A&E HD
AMC HD
ANIMAL PLANET HD
BRAVO HD
CARTOON NETWORK HD
CNN HD
COMEDY CENTRAL HD
DISCOVERY HD
FOOD NETWORK HD
FX HD
GALAVISION HD
HDNET
HLN HD
HGTV HD
LIFETIME HD
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HD
NICK HD
SPIKE HD
SYFY HD
TBS HD
TELEFUTURA HD
TLC HD
TNT HD
UNIVISION HD
USA HD
THE WEATHER CHANNEL HD

Last edited:
Allright if everything is on EA. But I'm still trying to figure out how am I going to aim that lnb from my place. If I look at the pictures of the 1000.4 lnb there is something I don't understand. I took a look in the dishpointer web site and something doesn't work in how the lnb is made to aim those sats...I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong and I would like to know what.
Man, thank you again,

Attachments

• AIMING.pdf
    10.7 KB · Views: 89
You have to take in the factor of the dish reflecting the signal to the LNB. The signal reflects off the dish and goes across the dish to the proper LNB. Some rough angles for the EA dish in your zip are-

Azimuth - 193
Elevation - 40
Skew - 89

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)