help pointing a dish 500

firemana1

Original poster
Feb 19, 2006
I am in the Jackson Mississippi area, I am trying to point a dish 500 sat dish, can anyone tell me what direction (azmouth) what elevation and what rotation to set the dish on to put me on the dish network satelite, I have just purchased a free to air reciever and and have not been able to get it exactly right.......................thanks firemana1

Unless you plan on stealing service why would one use a Dish 500 pointed at Dish satellites and use a FTA receiver??? There isn't much of anything on those Sat's to watch for free is there??? Please explain more.

Sounds like signal theft to me, please clearify. There isn't any reason why you would want any of the satellites that Dish uses for your FTA receiver, unless of course you've got a hacked Dish receiver which isn't FTA. (unless there happens to be FTA channels that I don't know about on Dish's satellites)

volkodav said:
are you going to use that info for illegal purposes? if yes then sorry cant help you.
I'm with you - AFAIK, there's NO FTA on any of the BSS (DBS) frequencies on 101, 110, or 119. I guess there's a possibility that one or mroe of the PIs is not encoded, but I doubt it.

So that means you do not need the zipcode for this dish. Instead of a zipcode you need a different type of dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)